New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Error message when publishing iWeb site

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

I have a site which is created with iWeb and published through .mac. It has worked fine until now, but yesterday I made some changes and now I get an error message just at the end of the publishing process saying "Publish error. Publish failed due to a network error. Check your internet connection and try again."

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, in fact, when I check the site the changes I did have been published! I am now just stuck with the changed pages still being marked in red in iWeb. Very annoying!! Anyone else come across this?
QUOTE Thanks
aarezzo

aarezzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinlondon View Post
I have a site which is created with iWeb and published through .mac. It has worked fine until now, but yesterday I made some changes and now I get an error message just at the end of the publishing process saying "Publish error. Publish failed due to a network error. Check your internet connection and try again."

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, in fact, when I check the site the changes I did have been published! I am now just stuck with the changed pages still being marked in red in iWeb. Very annoying!! Anyone else come across this?
Well, I am having exactly the same problem right now.
I have been having a website on .mac which I was not updating since Feb I guess. Now I installediweb 2.0.2 and refurbished the old site with new features.
I deleted file by file the old site and made a publish all action.
Nothing to do.
Right at the end I get the same error you get.
I use an extreme airport to connect.
Could you solve the problem?
Would you be so nice to help me?
Alberto
QUOTE Thanks
simonroskrow

simonroskrow is on a distinguished road

I get the same error message (which seems to have started when the change was made between .mac and MobileMe) - I'm publishing the same site as before (obviously with a few new pages, blog comments etc) to the same place with the same password and user name, but get the error message.

Strangely, the site is published and updated! It's rather annoying to get the error message, but it seems to have no effect on the site itself. For example, I posted a new blog this morning on web.mac.com/simonroskrow, and despite the error message, it appears correctly.

A simple glitch? Please can we have an update to iWeb - it's a pain if nothing else.
QUOTE Thanks
appleme

appleme is an unknown at this point

hi well i dont publish to mobile me but try checking your login details
QUOTE Thanks
Izan

Izan is on a distinguished road

Hi, I've had a similar problem for a very long time, even Apple Chat support could not help me..

I've tried everything but... last... I remembered that I use statcounter.com for site analytics... I deleted the script in my iweb!

Not everything works like a charm!!!!

Hope that might help you!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where should I put iWeb files? | Looking for Flash / HTML5 Animator »