New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Website I'm working on

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AnthonyJK

AnthonyJK will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD

I just wanted some opinions, the person I'm making it for wanted something simple and not too flashy. He really likes what I have but I thought I'd just ask for some other opinions. All fonts on the website are per my clients request, but if you have any font suggestions they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

http://hitecconsulting.com
(made in photoshop and smultron text editor)

QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

It looked fine to me. The text was had good contrast and wasn't too small. The layout is basic and not confusing.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, that's nice. a good tech site. the mouse over on the buttons is clear, it's well ordered and legible.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

thanks guys
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

good site overal. font fine. colours fine.

good
QUOTE Thanks
Evermore

Evermore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive

i like it the only thing that may be better is, well you can't tell now, but you are using iFrames. For a bussiness site i would try and make that site expandable to it will just get longer with more info, i think once there is more info there it will look better expanded then with scrolling, and with that layout it should be easy to expand it...

that is just my thought. other then that it looks really nice.

Evasive-Media Group
[ MBP ] 15.4" - 2.16ghz C2D - 2gb RAM - 120gb HD [ MBP ]
Evermore
QUOTE Thanks
Christopher

Christopher is an unknown at this point

I think it looks good. Not too busy and has a nice visual style. For the menu services, I would add some kind of picture, or visual design, so it's not so dry and just the text. Other than that I think it's great.
QUOTE Thanks
stonysleep

stonysleep will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powermac G4/450 OSX 10.4.11

Just to be a nitpick, you should have a doctype declaration in your html
Other than that, your site meets W3C validation
The site looks good, clean, and simple. Nice rollover buttons, and loads quickly.
You might want to do a contact form rather than leaving a direct email address to prevent spam, or you could use a javascript like I use (have done the changes for your hitecconsulting site:

Code:
<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>
<!--
var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to';
var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '=';
var addy = 'Info' + '@' + 'hitecconsulting.com';
document.write( '<a ' + path + '\'' + prefix + ':' + addy + '\'>' + addy + '</a>' );
//-->
</script>
Simply put this script where your current email address link is and you should protect them from a bit more spam
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

Thanks guys! But yeah I fixed the doctype a few days ago but just haven't uploaded it yet and as for the email script that is an excellent idea to prevent spam thank you. About making it expandable, as of now he doesn't have much info to even fill the pages I have now so thats why I stuck with the smaller layout so it would take less text to fill it. And I like iframes because you don't have to reload the entire page everytime you click a link

Also I was thinking of putting a graphic in the service tab, but I couldn't think of what. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks again guys :headphone
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« include .pdf document in iWeb! | iWeb: lose .com/enter from first page »