New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

dreamweaver help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mikeyman

mikeyman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone

I have to design a website for my dad and the only way i can make what he wants is in dreamweaver. Luckily i have a copy of this "dreamweaver 8". I just have a few problems...
I cant move pictures to where i want the to via drag and drop i can only use the allign tool and i dont like this, any ideas?

Also once ive created the site how do i upload it?
i have to give it to his webhost

thanks in advance

QUOTE Thanks
eric06

eric06 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
I have to design a website for my dad and the only way i can make what he wants is in dreamweaver. Luckily i have a copy of this "dreamweaver 8". I just have a few problems...
I cant move pictures to where i want the to via drag and drop i can only use the allign tool and i dont like this, any ideas?

Also once ive created the site how do i upload it?
i have to give it to his webhost

thanks in advance
As far as know you can't just "drag and drop" pictures where ever. The only way I know how to do this is to create a DIV layer and insert the picture in that then you can move it where ever.

You can create a layer by going to Insert->Layer Objects->Layer. It will then place the layer on your screen and you can move it about the web site. It does put CSS code for the position of the layer.

Once you get the site done you have to upload it to the internet via a web host. Many people here say DreamHost is great. If you already have a host you should be able to set up a FTP user and upload your site that way.

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
KenMac

KenMac is on a distinguished road

Most reliable way is to first upload the pictures that you are going to use (after first noting down their pixel sizes),
either to a folder on your server or to an imagehost like http://www.freeimagehosting.net/ (free)
and copy down the http address of where it is.

Then choose "Insert>Image Objects>Image Placeholder" to where-ever you want your image, putting in the image size when it asks.
Link the image placeholder to the image.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HTML email - MacMail attachments | What program works with Frontpage? »