New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Register website with Google!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Christopher

Christopher is an unknown at this point

Hi. How do I register my website with Google, so it comes up in search results? I don't mind paying, if the fee isn't outrageous. Please respond soon. Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

http://www.google.com/intl/en/submit_content.html

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Christopher

Thank you, Schweb. Can I change the comments later, change them from whatever I enter in the first time? Thanks so much.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Once you enter your URL in Google, Google will come crawl your website evry now and then. So any changes you want to make, just add them into the Meta HEAD of your document, and google will pick you up automatically.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
Christopher

Um, thank you! But I'm not sure I get it. I intend to enter a description in the Comments field where Schweb's link takes me, for my website.

If I want to change those comments later, you are saying I change the meta HEAD, and new comments will appear when you type in mywebsite.com? How do I access the meta HEAD? I can't just go back to that same page and change the comments? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

The fastest way is to get a link to your site from a site that is already indexed by google frequently. Also set up a google sitemap. Have content that changes on your site site daily (or at least weekly) to maintain a good re-crawl rate.

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
Christopher

Okay, these are all great suggestions but I need a specific question answered please. My assumption (which may be incorrect): If I enter in a description at the site Schweb was kind enough to link me to, this is the description that will appear in search results?

And, if that is true, then is there a way after that to describe my website again, later? To update the description.

Thank you.

If the comments I enter are only for Google's use, I would like to know how to influence the description Google has about me in search results. So I can make it say, "Christopher.com, glass blowing, cobalt, cerulean. Educational pricing available. Lessons available by appointment... or something like that. Please help.

Thanks so much!
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

The description shown by google will always change, depending on what the user searched for. The description might be used, if the search is vague. Or snippets from the body of the webpage will be used if it has terms in common with search phrase.

Examples...
Vague: http://www.google.com/search?q=mac+forums
Gives: "Mac-Forums is a discussion area for Mac related topics."
Non vague: http://www.google.com/search?q=mac+f...er+with+google
Gives: "Register website with Google! Web Design and Hosting."

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« .mac iweb | Safari Emulator »