New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

help me troubleshoot B&W image won't work in DW


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
rcronin

 
rcronin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 20, 2006
Location: New Eng
Posts: 423
rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

rcronin is offline
I'm trying to put a B & W image in DW, and it shows in DW, but not in the browser. I just see an "X" or ? in the browser. I resized it, so I know it's small enough. I can't see anything different in the code vs. the other images I've put in the same site. I tried a brand new page/file in DW, same problem. Are B&W images different?

TIA,

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

 
Member Since: Oct 27, 2006
Posts: 467
eric06 has a spectacular aura about

eric06 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcronin View Post
I'm trying to put a B & W image in DW, and it shows in DW, but not in the browser. I just see an "X" or ? in the browser. I resized it, so I know it's small enough. I can't see anything different in the code vs. the other images I've put in the same site. I tried a brand new page/file in DW, same problem. Are B&W images different?

TIA,
The colors of the picture doesn't matter in Dreamweaver. In Dreamweaver you have to create a site folder within the program so it can keep track of your files. If you have an html file in "Web Site 1" folder and your picture is in "My Pictures Folder," dreamweaver will link the picture to the My Pictures folder and it won't be viewable from the web.

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

 
rcronin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 20, 2006
Location: New Eng
Posts: 423
rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

rcronin is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric06 View Post
The colors of the picture doesn't matter in Dreamweaver. In Dreamweaver you have to create a site folder within the program so it can keep track of your files. If you have an html file in "Web Site 1" folder and your picture is in "My Pictures Folder," dreamweaver will link the picture to the My Pictures folder and it won't be viewable from the web.
This is in my images folder within the site folder. All my other images are in there and working fine. Someone asked me if it was an RGB file. Which I think it is. Does that matter?

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

 
Member Since: Oct 27, 2006
Posts: 467
eric06 has a spectacular aura about

eric06 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcronin View Post
This is in my images folder within the site folder. All my other images are in there and working fine. Someone asked me if it was an RGB file. Which I think it is. Does that matter?
Would you be able to post the link to where the picture is on your site? I am guessing DW is getting confused in some way. Did you remember to upload the picture to the server?

RGB shouldn't matter. What is the file type (ex. gif, jpg, png)?

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

 
rcronin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 20, 2006
Location: New Eng
Posts: 423
rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

rcronin is offline
http://www.ctultimatealumni.com/history.html

I "put" it if that's what you mean...but when I'm in DW and I preview it in the browser - no image.

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

 
Member Since: Oct 27, 2006
Posts: 467
eric06 has a spectacular aura about

eric06 is offline
Here is the image location: http://www.ctultimatealumni.com/imag...%2070%20#1.jpg

#1 rule of web design never have spaces or #(unless it's an anchor) in the paths.

I would rename your picture like http://www.ctultimatealumni.com/imag...nFrisbee70.jpg and get an FTP program and use that instead of DW FTP. I have noticed that DW's FTP program screws things up when it syncs.

See if that works. If not delete the picture from your site, rename it and put it the renamed vers back in your /images folder and then insert it into DW.

Edit: You could mess with the "document root" and "site root" options in your site's DW folder also and see if that helps any.

Keep me updated.

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

 
rcronin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 20, 2006
Location: New Eng
Posts: 423
rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

rcronin is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric06 View Post
Here is the image location: http://www.ctultimatealumni.com/imag...%2070%20#1.jpg

#1 rule of web design never have spaces or #(unless it's an anchor) in the paths.

I would rename your picture like http://www.ctultimatealumni.com/imag...nFrisbee70.jpg and get an FTP program and use that instead of DW FTP. I have noticed that DW's FTP program screws things up when it syncs.

See if that works. If not delete the picture from your site, rename it and put it the renamed vers back in your /images folder and then insert it into DW.

Edit: You could mess with the "document root" and "site root" options in your site's DW folder also and see if that helps any.

Keep me updated.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I reopened and resaved the image and presto it worked fine. I think the first time I had mucked with it in PS and messed it up. I might have been the one to add the "#" to it and as you pointed out caused the problem. Thanks for the tip I will keep sharp eye out for blanks and "#" in paths from now on. I really appreciate it!


Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

 
Member Since: Oct 27, 2006
Posts: 467
eric06 has a spectacular aura about

eric06 is offline
That's great that it finally worked.

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Unable to start Web Sharing | Water-marking images on a website »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
burning an OSX CD using a .dmg (mac image) file on a PC bitt3n OS X - Operating System 4 08-09-2006 01:48 PM
cd image komo Switcher Hangout 0 06-02-2006 04:30 AM
File Manager w Bookmarks, Image Viewer? mac57 OS X - Apps and Games 3 05-20-2006 01:52 PM
Image Capture can't see camera/card westicle OS X - Operating System 1 04-03-2006 08:39 PM
Can i make an image of my hard drive? thestonefox OS X - Operating System 1 02-14-2006 12:37 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?