New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Converting audio for iWeb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Clawman

Clawman is on a distinguished road

I've assembled my Website, and I want to include a couple of radio reports I did. They are in Real Player (.rm format) and I want to convert them to mp3 for easy insertion into a web page. Is there an easy way to do this? I've googled widely and discovered no easy solution. I'm working with OSX 10.4.8.

Also, what's the best way to get my site noticed by search engines?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Welcome to Mac-Forums Clawman!!!

As for as converting the audio files.. check out FFMPEG (it's FREE)
QUOTE Thanks
Clawman

Clawman is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot, RIDE. I downloaded FFMPEG, dropped in the Real Player piece of audio, chose "audio file to mp3" as my target format . . . and the converted file came out as mp3 in my iTunes, but in chipmunk talk!

Possible reason: after downloading ffmmepgX, I was asked to download the three components, mpeg2enc, mencoder and mplayer, and when it asked to me "locate" I scratched my head, went "hunh?" and eventually selected the ffmpegx folder on my desktop in desperation.? What this correct??

grateful for your patience . . .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FTP Program | .mac and iWeb »