New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Your mission if you choose to accept it...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

is to help me come up with a unique but ambiguous and non cheesy domain name. I am horrible with naming things. I plan to use my domain to host stuff but also let my family have personal email. My email will be Dean@(domainname).com so the domain name shouldnt be like DeanAlley.com or something dumb like that. You guys seem much more creative than me. Also, I use the name Skye online because its cool and wouldnt mind using that in the domain title, but im open to anything.
QUOTE Thanks
whyzdom

whyzdom is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig

Skye-mac.com

When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my Grandfather did; not screaming like all the passnegers in his car.
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzdom View Post
Skye-mac.com
kind of cheesy but i like it! lol
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

skye-walk.com
skye-limit.com
clear-skye.com
QUOTE Thanks
skye

wow, you guys are much better at this then i am, the best i got was iSkye.com and that was taken. anyways, it doesnt have to have skye in it?
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

What sort of thing are you going to be using the site for... It's nice to have the domain name give an idea of what the site is. If it's just for family as you stated, I'd use something they all will remember like your last name. smithfamily.com or something.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

you said you would use it for your family to have email, you could use your last name. so your email could be firstname@lastname.com, just a thought.
QUOTE Thanks
skye

yeah, well its also for blog, picture hosting, small download hosting, etc
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

blueskye.com

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchR View Post
blueskye.com
you sir are a genius! i will probably use that one unless i get a better idea in a day.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Thanks. I thought it was a pretty good name too.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

So blueskye.com is cool. Yeah it is. If it's available, great! Use it. Otherwise, you know something? Don't worry about cheesy. If you like something, go for it. Pick a word or phrase that's to your liking. Don't worry what anyone else thinks about it. It's yours. You've got to have fun once in awhile. Do it and don't worry about it.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

yea thats a good one.
QUOTE Thanks
skye

blueskye.com is taken, what do you guys think of dskye.com? also, i have a friend who will be hosting the site, what is the best avenue to purchase a domain?
QUOTE Thanks
SilverEagle5

SilverEagle5 has a spectacular aura about

You could pick any color and put "skye" after it, unless blue is your favorite color. Any other color wouldn't make too much sense, then. It could, however, lead to some interesting site banners.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari Emulator | Web Sharing HELP!!! »