New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

No Quicktags in WordPress?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

At the advice of many here at Mac-Forums.com, I set up two blogs using WordPress.

However, for some reason, when I log in through my Mac to write an article or a page, I do not get the "quicktags" that provide WYSIWYG editing. Instead, I have to do all HTML editing by hand.

Is there a workaround? Is there a plugin I can use to get around this?

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Do you have the latest version? WordPress is now at 2.0.7 but I know that 2.0.6 finally supported QuickTags in Safari.

WordPress 2.0.6

I'm still at 2.0.4 in my blog so can't say if it works now or not... I really need to find some time to upgrade.

By the way, this is the WordPress 2.0.7 release notes.

Edited to add:

I now I'm not particularly fond of Firefox's interface but I still keep it around just in case. QuickTags work in it. They also do in Camino.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Wow, MHC! You totally solved my problem with that, thanks! Sure enough, logged in to the Fantastico panel at my host and it was all ready to upgrade to 2.0.6, and now the QuickTags are showing.

You rock! Rep!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Glad that version solved your problem.

Wow! Me thinks I should get crackin' and upgrade too. I miss quicktags... :blind:
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Todd-0, WordPress was updated again today: WordPress 2.1 “Ella”.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

Thanks, MHC! I'll probably wait until my hosting company sets it to update via Fantastico, which they haven't done yet. They're still on 2.0.6. But I wouldn't have even known about that -- or its importance to QuickTags in Safari -- if not for your held. Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I upgraded to WP 2.0.7 yesterday and I had to disable a plug-in as there seemed to be a problem, got error messages in the WP Dashboard. The plug-in is Subscribe to Comments: will be on the lookout for an update of this plug-in. Will also be watching the WP users forum to see any possible conflicts with WP 2.1.

BTW the update seems to have sweet new features.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

Well, Bluehost posted 2.1 today and I upgraded without any trouble (God bless Fantastico). Most importantly for me, it didn't disable my password protection plug-in or muck about with the theme I'm using.

Who needs a built-in spell-checker? My Mac did that for me already.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Nein for the spell-checker, my friend. I was thinking about the automatic saves and they talk about a speed boost? WP 2.0.7 is sluggish, very slug-gish. :^P
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hosting Survey | Legal Use of Web Images »