New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

DW– editing popup menus after made doesn't work?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Morgan19

Morgan19 is on a distinguished road

I've had this problem for years and have yet to figure it out. I'm currently running DW MX 2004 (7.0.1) and can create dropdown menus without a problem: click a graphic, go to Tag > Behaviors > click the "Show Popup Menu" option, and create the popup menu in there. Everything works great and my menus are happy little campers.

The problem rears its head if and when I try and go back and edit those popup menus. Clicking the same graphic and trying to "Edit Behavior" in the Tag > Behaviors section will bring up the popup properties window again, but NONE of the menus I've created are shown: it's like they either don't exist or I never made them.

Surely this is some sort of bug... Does anyone know a fix for this? It makes DW's popup menu abilities somewhat crippled, especially if you need those WYSIWYG editing abilities later on down the line.

m19
QUOTE Thanks
Morgan19

if you look at the two comments on this page, that's exactly the problem I'm having.

m19
QUOTE Thanks
Morgan19

Anyone?

m19
QUOTE Thanks
Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro: 15" screen, 2.0 MHz DuoCore, 80 Gig HD, 2G RAM

It should work just like the DW page is describing. Select the image and then in the behaviors window double click on "Show pop Up Menu" and you should be able to edit.

If this is not happening then there is something funky going on. I found MX2004 to be buggy as ****.
QUOTE Thanks
Morgan19

Yeah, unfortunately it seems to be broken. I've got DW8 (came bundled with CS2) that I'm going to try and start working with, so hopefully that'll solve the issue.

m19
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Flash on Intel | Web Design Programs »