PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
    Problems with ISP file transfer
    Now, this may be in the wrong place (the Mods'll move it...) but here goes nothing.

I've got Bulldog broadband services (16meg) and want to use their webspace to upload a diddy website for myself. I'm using Safari & FireFox browsers, and neither seems to be working all too well.

For starters, Safari won't let me view any of my Bulldog back-office features; after putting in my P/W & U/N it runs to a blank screen. Stupid Bulldog. FireFox lets me in, but when I use the Java applet to upload my files, it just returns to the home page.

Could it be that I've got a setting wrong somewhere? Or is it just that Bulldog's antiquated systems don't fully support OSX yet? Does anyone know the FTP settings for Bulldog; I can't get them out of their Customer 'Service' people (B'stards) - at least if I had them, then I could upload straight from Dreamweaver.

MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
    It's more likely that they don't support non-IE browsers than that they don't support OS X. It's odd that Firefox doesn't work properly. Sounds like you need to get in touch with them and don't take no for an answer!

On the other hand, I presume they provide FTP space to upload files to your site. If so, just use an FTP client to do the transfer.

St. Somewhere
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    My guess would be that Bulldog is using ActiveX controls, a Microsoft proprietary technology that Safari doesn't support. Because it is Microsoft proprietary, ONLY IE will deal with these pages correctly. I would advise complaining to Bulldog. They REALLY should change this!

By the way, is there a version of IE that still works on Macs? I seem to recall that MS has discontinued its support of them. However, if you have a PPC based Mac, vs. and Intel Mac, you may be able to download a copy of IE for Mac and thus get access to ActiveX controls (I think! I am not sure that they don't themselves on more Microsoft proprietary stuff in the Windows base).
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

Thread Information