New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Best blogging solution?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

Hey everyone,

I had been using blogger for a while. Now I think that maybe its time for a change. I was wondering what is the best blogging solution? I have heard alot of good things about wordpress, although I was wondering will there be much difficulty in getting it set-up on godaddy hosting?

QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I would suggest WordPress, it's the best that I know of out there. Im not real familiar with GoDaddy hosting except that when my clients are hosted with them they tend to switch to my hosting company since GoDaddy cripples a lot of stuff... so best bet is to test it and see.. or call their support and ask about it.
QUOTE Thanks
Alen

Alen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20-inch 1GB memory 250GB hard drive 8x DL SuperDrive NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics

WordPress is god of blogging,i also like a boastMachine
QUOTE Thanks
slyseeker

slyseeker has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB

I use Wordpress and Livejournal.

Wordpress is by far the best supported solution out there, open-source and tons of community input. You could make it as simple as you'd like, or reskin it, heck, I've even seen flash blogs.

I enjoy Livejournal because a lot of my friends blog on there, they have amazing communities and decent customization options.
QUOTE Thanks
innominds

innominds is on a distinguished road

I use wordpress and blogger.com But i prefer the first one.
QUOTE Thanks
innominds

innominds is on a distinguished road

But after going through serious recommendations for blogging, I would say if one can host the blog it could be great because it would give the total control otherwise one should abide the rules and regulations of the free ones.
QUOTE Thanks
dumbname1

dumbname1 is on a distinguished road

hosting your blog is the best way to have total controll over it But if your new to blogging open up a free account at wordpress or blogger and start off with a free one. If you are happy with what you are doing and dont get bord (alot of bloggers get board quickly) you havnt wasted any money!

If you are seriouse about blogging get wordpress most good hosts will provide one click install of it. And do a google for wordpress themes pick the theme of your choice and your ready to go.

p.s if you do get into it check out some of the plugins you can get for wordpress most important plugins have to be the seo ones ie google sitemap and tag creater.

good luck

ohh yea if you want an idea of what wordpress and a host can do check out my mac freeware website its not a standard blog but instead im using it as a cms (content managment system)
SimplyMacFreeware
QUOTE Thanks
Brendan

Brendan is a jewel in the roughBrendan is a jewel in the rough

Wordpress is by far the best blogging solution out there in my opinion.

You can get a free blog without using a host using wordpress.com.

Brendan Welsh
Aluminum Macbook Owner
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« News Publishing Script | blog hosting »