New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

all right. Why am I getting this error message?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rcronin

rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

i'm loath to give up this link b/c when it's finally up you will all see how rough it is.

...but, I'm getting a "forbidden" error on my page. I deleted my files off of my remote server b/c I think there was a previous edition of my index page that I couldn't overwrite. I immediately got this message on the page. I reloaded the site (I'm using CyberDuck), but nothing will show up. I'm getting no error messages from CD. And when I connect thru CD everything that's supposed to be on the remote server is there. Any ideas on how I screwed this up?

http://www.williwebworks.com/

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I would contact the admin of the server, maybe you accidently deleted the permissions file or something similar that allowed you go gain access to the folder.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

Right on, Powerbook G4! they saw that I had the files in a folder, so I have to take them out. Do I need to resend everything again? And should I delete what I have on the remote server again first? Or can I some how move them out of the folder using the FTP program. I used CyberDuck.

TIA

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

okay got that sorted out. Now, none of ya'll click on my link 'cause what wreck it still is! I'll be too embarrassed to come back.

I can't get over what a bear DW is to learn. Arg.

Becky
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I can't update my site even using Cyberduck | MAMP and htaccess »