Domain Name For Web Site
    I've begun building a web site using Apperture and .mac to publish it. I was wondering if anyone knows how to publish a web page (built using .mac) and assigning your own domain name rather than the one they give you?

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    The .mac hosting service doesn't allow for registering Nameservers, that is, you can't directly assign a domain with .Mac.
    You would need a different hosting plan that supports Domain forwarding. This will let you use a different domain and get all people who go there forwarded to your .mac homepage.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    You can build a website with Appeture? I did not know that.

You can get into your iDisk where all the webpage files are, then just copy them to the server you want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    The .mac hosting service doesn't allow for registering Nameservers, that is, you can't directly assign a domain with .Mac.
    You would need a different hosting plan that supports Domain forwarding. This will let you use a different domain and get all people who go there forwarded to your .mac homepage.
    So if I purchase a domain name somewhere, I should make sure that they support domain forwarding and I'll be able to create my site using .mac while using my own domain name?

Quote Originally Posted by thedoctorsdead View Post
    So if I purchase a domain name somewhere, I should make sure that they support domain forwarding and I'll be able to create my site using .mac while using my own domain name?
    How are you making your website using .Mac exactly? I assumed you were using Aperture to make it, then using .Mac to host it. You can take the files hosted on your .Mac account and move them to any host.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    How are you making your website using .Mac exactly? I assumed you were using Aperture to make it, then using .Mac to host it. You can take the files hosted on your .Mac account and move them to any host.
    You are correct I am using Aperture to make it, then using .Mac to host it. I like this system because it is nice and simple for me. I would like to continue doing it this way-but using my own domain name and not the horribly long one that .mac uses.

I don't have Apeture, but I assume they have a 'Publish to folder' option somewhere. You would just take that then drag it over to your new host that you'll connect to through FTP.

I know this is old... But you never know...

I purchased a domain name from www.godaddy.com. I create my templates and webpages with iweb. My site is www.pictureme2.com and my email address is www.pictureme2@mac.com. Mac is the hosting site and the domain I paid for $ 8 for 1 year. .Mac cost me $74 bucks yearly. So, when you call godaddy, they would make sure the link is right. When you setup your .mac account (you might have to read about ), link it to your new godaddy.com website name.

Thread Information