New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Please look at this website through on MAC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

laquena

I made a simple website for some friends and they have a MAC and well I don't. I tested it on firefox and IE (the newest one) and the site looks fine. I keep running over the code to see if there is any spacing and that looks fine too. My friend emailed me saying there is a spacing issue between the images and to please fix it. She didn't supply a screen shot or anything.

so to the point will somebody please take a look and post a screen shot if there is a spacing issue on the pages. (there probably is somewhere?)

www.sdnutcracker.com

thank you to whoever has time to help with this.
I tried finding some way to install something that would let me look at the site as if they were on mac but i didnt find any luck.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

space in images.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (461.6 KB, 28 views)

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
rogueace

rogueace is on a distinguished road

yeah, mine looks like that too
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

i believe your problem is that it is coded by percent and not by a set amount of pixels, try to change that and let us know when its updated, so we can test again.

we can remove the gap by changing the size of our window, so the other option is to place a java script in there so set the size of the window to a particular size.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
laquena

wow very supportive! thanks a bunch guys. i kept thinking about it and im changing it to pixels instead of percent as well. And now I see you guys are saying the same thing.

I just tried editing it let me know if the problem is still there.

Maybe I'll just buy a mac! Sheesh that way I know my mac websites will look great on PC
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

It now looks fine in the latest versions of Safari, Omni Web, and Firefox.
QUOTE Thanks
DrQuincy

DrQuincy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Core Duo Macbook Pro

laquena - here's a useful link for you for the future:

http://www.browsrcamp.com/

You enter a URL and it renders your page in Safari and saves it as an image for you. Very useful for Mac testing if you don't have a Mac - I used to use it all the time.
QUOTE Thanks
design2

http://browsershots.org

see your site in both win or mac, multiple browsers, screen resolutions etc
what would i do without it?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dreamweaver replacement? | having a problem with a particular website »