New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

iWeb, hosting photos elsewhere


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
roewert

 
roewert's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 20, 2006
Posts: 26
roewert is on a distinguished road

roewert is offline
I just recently redesigned my website using iWeb. No problems there.
However, the ISP I have (roadrunner) only gives me 5mb of web space.
Due to the amount of photos I will be posting I will be exceeding that.
I would like to host my photos in Photobucket or someplace simlar rather
than tying up my webspace with them, but I cannot figure out how to
do this in iWeb. Can anyone offer any clues?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

 
Member Since: Oct 27, 2005
Posts: 4,714
NanoBite is an unknown at this point

NanoBite is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by roewert
I just recently redesigned my website using iWeb. No problems there.
However, the ISP I have (roadrunner) only gives me 5mb of web space.
Due to the amount of photos I will be posting I will be exceeding that.
I would like to host my photos in Photobucket or someplace simlar rather
than tying up my webspace with them, but I cannot figure out how to
do this in iWeb. Can anyone offer any clues?
You need a link from each pic leading back to your iWeb page. My isp gives users 20mb of webspace. 5mb is barely enough. When you upload your pics to wherever they end up, just copy the link and embed it into your website.

~
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

 
yogi's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 14, 2005
Location: St. Gallen, Switzerland
Posts: 1,973
yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

yogi is offline
It's a bit of a mess with iWeb, because iWeb turns special fonted text and lots of other things into images, too, so despite outserving your photos, you'll end up exceeding 5 MB eventually. And relinking in iWeb's generated HTML code is a pain.

I suggest you get a cheap webspace arrangement, there aplenty out there for as low as 5 bucks a month and you'll have plenty of space.
Best is .Mac of course, which is really getting better all the time.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
roewert

 
roewert's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 20, 2006
Posts: 26
roewert is on a distinguished road

roewert is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi
It's a bit of a mess with iWeb, because iWeb turns special fonted text and lots of other things into images, too, so despite outserving your photos, you'll end up exceeding 5 MB eventually. And relinking in iWeb's generated HTML code is a pain.

I suggest you get a cheap webspace arrangement, there aplenty out there for as low as 5 bucks a month and you'll have plenty of space.
Best is .Mac of course, which is really getting better all the time.
That looks like it might be my best course.... How much web space does .Mac provide for web hosting?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

 
Member Since: Oct 27, 2005
Posts: 4,714
NanoBite is an unknown at this point

NanoBite is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by roewert
That looks like it might be my best course.... How much web space does .Mac provide for web hosting?
I think the .mac idisc quota is 1gb, upgradeable to 4gb. Depending on your current quota, I'd imaging the web hosting would only be one way to utilize the 1gb.

~
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Web Developer Workflow? | slideshow with iweb »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
iWeb and Blocked Text Hyperlinks Dar Hosta Web Design and Hosting 4 09-26-2006 03:52 PM
Hosting Pictures on iWeb greyS60 Web Design and Hosting 0 09-13-2006 02:16 PM
Probs with header code in iWeb digital_blue Web Design and Hosting 2 02-02-2006 07:47 PM
Photo Booth photos are corrupting my iPod!!! jbsengineer iPod Hardware and Accessories 0 11-06-2005 11:11 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?