New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Why is iWeb site not looking right

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

greyS60

greyS60 is on a distinguished road

I have built a site through iWeb and I published it with .Mac. I was thinking that was the simple way to go and that I would not have any problems. I have two text boxes on the site that are not showing up when I visit the site through Safari. I can go through IE on my PC and see them fine, just not Safari. What would be causing this? I would like to make the website friendly for as many browsers as I can. Any help would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

You might want to include a link to the site in question.
:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
greyS60

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
You might want to include a link to the site in question.
:black:
Sorry about that

It is

www.yucaipaswim.org

That boxes that are in question would be titled "Our Sponsors" and "Team News". The site is un-finished and I just trying to get everything too look right before I announce it to the team.
QUOTE Thanks
greyS60

OK, so I changed the site around and moved some pictures with links to the other side and tried to put the text in a different place. I visited the site after I hit the publish button and none of the changes are taking affect. Nothing is changing when I publish the site.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyS60
OK, so I changed the site around and moved some pictures with links to the other side and tried to put the text in a different place. I visited the site after I hit the publish button and none of the changes are taking affect. Nothing is changing when I publish the site.
You could use an FTP to physically (in a virtual sense) remove any uploaded assets that are no longer in use....I use Cyberduck. I connect to the server and look around for unused assets. This may help.
QUOTE Thanks
greyS60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse-8
You could use an FTP to physically (in a virtual sense) remove any uploaded assets that are no longer in use....I use Cyberduck. I connect to the server and look around for unused assets. This may help.
So, if I use Cyberduck, then I would not use .Mac anymore, right? I am new at this web site thing, so forgive me if this is a simple question.

I am still in the free trial period for .Mac, so leaving it would not be a big deal.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

Quote:
So, if I use Cyberduck, then I would not use .Mac anymore, right? I am new at this web site thing, so forgive me if this is a simple question.

I am still in the free trial period for .Mac, so leaving it would not be a big deal.
I'm not totally sure if your .Mac account includes an FTP which is a File Transfer Protocol used for transferring data across the internet. I wouldn't think you'd be doing any wrong. You would still be using your .Mac acct but Cyberduck is just a way to look at what is currently uploaded to the server and will give you the opportunity to delete/download/upload assets.

Once you have downloaded Cyberduck you just need the details from your .Mac acct relevant to your website.
QUOTE Thanks
greyS60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse-8
I'm not totally sure if your .Mac account includes an FTP which is a File Transfer Protocol used for transferring data across the internet. I wouldn't think you'd be doing any wrong. You would still be using your .Mac acct but Cyberduck is just a way to look at what is currently uploaded to the server and will give you the opportunity to delete/download/upload assets.

Once you have downloaded Cyberduck you just need the details from your .Mac acct relevant to your website.
I am going to give it a try. If I have Cyberduck, would that allow me to FTP this site from iWeb to another server other than .Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

Quote:
I am going to give it a try. If I have Cyberduck, would that allow me to FTP this site from iWeb to another server other than .Mac?
As long as you have the info needed to connect with that server and the website was allocated the space by the host,then the answer is yes. :dive:
QUOTE Thanks
greyS60

One more question. Why is it that I get different results at different times? I had some trouble getting one of the buttons to work on the site last night, but I got it going. However, I was seeing something different at work using IE than my wife was at home using IE. What would be causing this?

It seems as though all the browsers will recognize the site fine, they just take different amounts of time to update it and they don't alwaysdo what I put in iWeb.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help with a Dreamweaver site | Drop down menus on websites »