New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Putting i-movie onto web - pls help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cameronryan

cameronryan can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: MBP

I have made a 1 min promo film for my company and today they want it put on the company's website.

They seem to think that because I have a fancy laptop I know everything about computers, which is far from the truth - The MacBookPro is my first and I am learning new stuff every day.

The company website is being created on a colleagues Dell laptop.

How do I get my promo onto the webpage?

Many thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Which tool are you using. It could make for a better response.

In iMove and FCP use the File --> Export. From there I choose Expert Settings in iMovie and Using Quicktime Conversion in FCP. I then choose the video and audio codecs I want and size of the output. For best image look I choose multi-pass if available for the image codec. iMovie also has a Share menu item to make things a bit quicker to find.

You'll need to experiment to figure it all out. Bit rate affects size and quality greatly.

If you want the movie to start before finishing downloading, you can add a hint for streaming.

If you want to export to Windows Media, then you'll have to pay for the codec. Flip4Mac seems to supply a trial version with their Mac decoder. The benefit would be you could have multiple formats available for your audience.

You only need to supply the finished video, the developer will take care of the web side of things.
QUOTE Thanks
cameronryan

cameronryan can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: MBP

That's a great help, thanks, I will pass the info on to the web developer.

I really must find the time to learn FCP, it's wasted just sat in the dock.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FTP help | Host Name for .Mac site? »