New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

iWeb question about background

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

davetheblaze

davetheblaze is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles

Ive just begun work on my first iWeb site and changed the background to an image, this is using the Gazette template.

The page looks good but I have a strip across the top underneather the title which has remained the beige colour of the template rather than taking the image.

I played around with the page inspector but cant get this to change.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

That image and the one used at the bottom cannot by changed using iWeb alone, there are 3 options:

- Cover the image with something else, maybe silly but is the easiest i can think of.
- Change the image with something else. Open the application iWeb (rigth click and select Show package contents...) and follow this path Contents>Resources>English.lproj>Templates then you will find 7 folders and a file called TemplatesInfo.plist. Choose the folder according the page you want to change (Blog, About, Welcome or other). Look for the required file (Gazette Blog.webtemplate or similar), rigth click on it and select "Show package content..." again. Inside you will find several images, look for the one you need and replace it with one that has the SAME WIDTH AND HEIGHT and the SAME NAME AND EXTENSION. The next time you create a page using that template the image you used will appear instead of the original.
- Change the template. Do you really want to do this?

Hope this help.

[is pointless to click here]
QUOTE Thanks
davetheblaze

davetheblaze is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles

Stress over, I took your advice and put a box over it with some greys graduating into each other.

To be honest its something i would never have tried but it looks pretty good, probably better than it would have the way i wanted.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help on making images for OsCommerce site | Hyperlink to a Picture »