New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Copyrighting websites

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jss05a

If I was to copyright my website, would every single item included in it be copyrighted as well. For instance, if I upload people's original music on there (not mine), is it protected by my copyright?
QUOTE Thanks
macdillon

macdillon is a jewel in the roughmacdillon is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.

No, it's also illeagal if their music is coppywritten.

She doesn't get enough cocaine
She doesn't get enough hard
She doesn't get enough pure
She doesn't get enough
QUOTE Thanks
Mathiau

Mathiau is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G

No, you can copyright your domain name, and you can copyright YOUR material that YOU OWN on it, but you can not take over ownership from someone else's material by posting it on your site.

thas like me stealing your car and parking it in my garage and then saying, sorry, is in my garage, is mine now!
QUOTE Thanks
Andy_M

Andy_M has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathiau
No, you can copyright your domain name, and you can copyright YOUR material that YOU OWN on it, but you can not take over ownership from someone else's material by posting it on your site.

thas like me stealing your car and parking it in my garage and then saying, sorry, is in my garage, is mine now!
If the music was created from a none famous person and the music was to be put on your site, the idea of the music would be copyrighted under your copyright aslong as the person who produced the track would agree you get sole rights.. otherwise you would need a verbal or written contract between you and the producer to put it on your site legaly and then if it did get stolen depending on the contract with the producer you may suffer media publication fees or if you only put it on your site then you producer has to sue the person whos stolen it with there copyright. excluding you.

Music is a funny old business..

http://www.cmlc.org.uk/first.html

For instance if you created a video you can get a License from CMLC to put any 10 music tracks from any artist on your video aslong as it was played on the day of filming..

http://www.cmlc.org.uk/first.html should be your first source if you want to host music on your site.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Legality of using pictures | Restricting Access to Specified Directories »