New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Site Comments

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

digg

digg is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have just redesigned my site for my Web Design company - Modul (design).
I was wondering what you think of the design, it is: Here

What I am mainly interested in is everyones thoughts on the colour scheme, I was also thinking light blue or light grey/silver. Do you think the current one is OK?

Thanks.
Digg :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

It's pretty good, colors are good, homepage should probably be text instead of a graphic, since you can easily do that with CSS. Almost has a Web 2.0 feel. Good job overrall
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

JGruber has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD

A Few things I noticed...

Doesnt validate xhtml - http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht....rswday.com%2F - found 8 errors on the home page.

If you are going to advertise XHTML & CSS, might be a good idea to have your pages valdiate...

Your site looks good in Firefox, and I would assume Safari (cant test it cause I'm at work)

But one thing you should do is make it compitable in IE more then anything else... No matter how much you might hate IE, its still used by 95% of the Internet browsing community.

Here is what it looks like in IE.. if you havent seen it yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg site.jpg (81.1 KB, 16 views)
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

It almost looks like you did that on purpose!

I like the simplistic design, but this is pretty plain. I'd suggest a textured background similar to a desk pad. Just something to give it some flavor.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
digg

Oops

Forget to check it on the validator, will finish that now, thanks JGruber!

Surfwax: That's what I thought although I tried to put something in and it looked to busy
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD

Not a problem on the Validating thing... I've seen far worse erros on a site, you only had 8, most of them where the stupid <alt=""> tag not being in there!

Best thing to do is make the header with CSS... it's not too hard to get it to do what you want.

if you look at my site, on IE and Safari, the header image doesn't show up on Safari. There is something with the way the two browsers handle the <div=align> tags... its quite irritating!
QUOTE Thanks
digg

Thanks Guys: Modul (design) is now 100% XHTML Valid.
QUOTE Thanks
digg

JGruber: I'm going to try and make the homepage using CSS rather than images, although it is a bit harder as I want different colours for things. It should be done by the weekend, I have loads of work .

Thanks again guys
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by digg
Thanks Guys: Modul (design) is now 100% XHTML Valid.

Nice! Its always the little things.
QUOTE Thanks
Gaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGruber
But one thing you should do is make it compitable in IE more then anything else... No matter how much you might hate IE, its still used by 95% of the Internet browsing community.
err... it's 83% now, Firefox has a 13% market share now
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

Well either way, it still is the most widely used browser in the world, and hense why it is good to have it coded to work on IE.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« .Mac Needs a Hosting Makeover | 1and1 domain/host. »