New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Gallery 2 Favicon

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eddiddiums

eddiddiums is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz

I am currently working on my first website, and I need a small bit of help with Gallery 2 if any of you are familiar with it.

On my home page, which is just HTML, I was able to install a favicon without any issue, but on my Gallery 2 home page, I can not figure out what code I need to use, or even which one of the many PHP files Gallery 2 uses to put that kind of code into.

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Do a search of the forums and I think you may find your answer. I may be possible to create a relative link in your Gallery page. Normally the favicon simply goes in the top level of your site.
QUOTE Thanks
eddiddiums

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep
Do a search of the forums and I think you may find your answer. I may be possible to create a relative link in your Gallery page. Normally the favicon simply goes in the top level of your site.
Actually I have already searched the forums on the Gallery web page and the only how to I could find was for an older version of Gallery that does not apply to my install. I have also posed this question there, but so far there have been no replies.
As for just putting the icon in the root directory, it is already there. I just need to put some code into the Gallery 2 config files somewhere that tell it where to look.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiddiums
Actually I have already searched the forums... I just need to put some code into the Gallery 2 config files somewhere that tell it where to look.
The only thing I could find is this Favicon that mentions creating a relative link in your header file. I've never tried this before.
QUOTE Thanks
eddiddiums

That only works for HTML, not PHP. Thanks for trying though
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hosting | Servers / FTP Info »