New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

scrolling text box problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rosevelyn

Would someone here know how to fix a problem that is evident on the Mac and Firefox but works in Explorer? My web designer has provided me with a scrolling text box on the home page of my site that I may modify in Front Page. Please view my home page to see what I mean. http://www.naturalneighborhood.com
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

I believe you'll find that the marquee tag is a Microsoft invention. In other words, it is not part of the HTML spec and may be ignored or not fully implemented by other browsers.

Perhaps your developer can use some _standards_ that will be more globally acceptable.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I tried your page on every browser in the house on both Windows XP Pro SP2 to Mac OSX Panther and Tiger. NO BROWSER on any platform except IE in XP SP2 will display that textbox with scrolling text properly. All the other browsers look exactly the same. What you are using is Microsoft code that no one else supports. I am sure there is a way to have that box work with other browsers. I was sort of suprised that Firefox even in XP displayed it wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
min_max9000

min_max9000 is on a distinguished road

Have a look at your markup validation. Hopefully that gives you some insight: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...borhood.com%2F

Adam (seyDoggy) - RapidWeaver theme designer
www.seydesign.com
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

I'd personally have your web developer try out several browsers to ensure compatibility for his/her programming before posting. We develop on Mac but spend much time getting the results to be synonymous with each
QUOTE Thanks
min_max9000

min_max9000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus_ex_machina
I'd personally have your web developer try out several browsers to ensure compatibility for his/her programming before posting. We develop on Mac but spend much time getting the results to be synonymous with each
I agree. Much of our time is spent sorting out IE6 hacks to get sites to render on that dreaded MS browser.

Adam (seyDoggy) - RapidWeaver theme designer
www.seydesign.com
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by min_max9000
I agree. Much of our time is spent sorting out IE6 hacks to get sites to render on that dreaded MS browser.
I couldn't agree with you more. Really.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dreamweaver vs. Rapidweaver? | iWeb two Macs »