New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Apple Scripting Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kratzy

Hello all! I posted the other day in the Anything Goes forum about looking for some kind of macro/bot that would produce a mouse click every 2 minutes or so. Someone suggested putting the following into Apple script:

tell app "system events"
repeat
delay 60
click
end repeat
end tell

I'm not sure this is correct but I'm fairly certain that with some tweaking this is on the right track. Anyone know a bit about apple script? thanks in advance

Kratzy
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

Well it was close. There are two problems. The first is that a repeat needs a type and a conditional. That is easily solved.

Code:
tell application "System Events"

repeat while true
		delay 60
		click
	end repeat

end tell
The second is that click simulates a click upon some UI element. Since no UI element is specified I am not sure if the OS will actually register the mouse as clicked.

P.S. If you want to confirm the loop just add a sialog inside the loop. that is what I did.

Code:
	display dialog "Loop Ran" buttons {"OK"} default button 1
p.p.s might want to run it from script editor or change it to a for loop. Not sure how you would kill an applescript running in an infinite loop.
QUOTE Thanks
zeta101

zeta101 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli
p.p.s might want to run it from script editor or change it to a for loop. Not sure how you would kill an applescript running in an infinite loop.
Won't an applescript show up on the dock like an application would while it's running? You should be able to quit or force quit that way if there is ever a problem...right?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Donation site.... | 1and1.com »