New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Writing Cookies

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RobDreugan

I'm wondering if anyone on here is able to write cookies?

What I'm trying to do is:
1. Someone Clicks on a video link, and a javascript sized window appears, then inside are the icons for Real Player, Windows media Player, and QT.
2. They choose one, and that setting is saved on their system for the life of that cookie, so that each time they click on a new movie to watch they don't have to choose their player again.

Anyway, I'd be appreciative if anyone knew how to do this.

I know very small amounts of js, and while I've found some documentation on cookies, I really don't know enough from examples and the small bits I know to write this.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

You're going to need it using either javascript of a different server side scripting language, like PHP, Perl etc.

That documentation is going to be your best bet in doing it. Us writing it is the exact same thing.. documentation and you'll have to configure it to your needs.
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
You're going to need it using either javascript of a different server side scripting language, like PHP, Perl etc.

That documentation is going to be your best bet in doing it. Us writing it is the exact same thing.. documentation and you'll have to configure it to your needs.
Well javascript is probably going to be the easiest way to go.

I'm not 100% what you mean when you say, Us writing it etc...if you mean that you'll write it for me, that'd be great. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you mean?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Take a look here:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dcrombie/cookie.html

Basically I was saying there is so much on the net there is no need for us to write it for you
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

Ah i gotcha. I just didn't know what u were saying =p
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Design for safari | Trouble uploading pictures »