New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

CSS and Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

slider

I would appreciate if someone can help me correct my website which looks just fine under PC but not under Mac. I am sure it has something to do with CSS. Its mainly the right-side navigation bar which does not appear to be on the right place.
I have no access to Mac and cannot test it. Please look at www.arthritis-research.org and let me know on any input you may have to fix this.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider
I would appreciate if someone can help me correct my website which looks just fine under PC but not under Mac. I am sure it has something to do with CSS. Its mainly the right-side navigation bar which does not appear to be on the right place.
I have no access to Mac and cannot test it. Please look at www.arthritis-research.org and let me know on any input you may have to fix this.

Thanks

Too vague to understand what the problem is. go to the w3c.org and use their css and html validators and see if that helps, unless you want to try and be more specific.
QUOTE Thanks
Jetroza

It's DHTML right? You'll just have to risize the bar you've done nothing wrong in the coding.. i suggest 30 pixels thinner perhaps?
QUOTE Thanks
slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetroza
It's DHTML right? You'll just have to risize the bar you've done nothing wrong in the coding.. i suggest 30 pixels thinner perhaps?
u r right , its DHTML ,, i have not specied any size for the container or for the linkbar ,, i am not sure what would happen if i do that... but i will try

I am thinking that i need to modify my css file to accomated Opera and IE under Mac,, here is CSS in question

BODY
{
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
PADDING-LEFT: 0px;
BACKGROUND: url(logoswish.jpg) #f5ecdd no-repeat left top;
PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px;
MARGIN: 30px;
COLOR: #000;
PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
#pageHeader
{
BACKGROUND: url(logoswish2.jpg);
MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px;
PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px
}
#container
{
BACKGROUND: url(yelglowbkgrd.jpg);
MARGIN-RIGHT: 220px
}
#pageHeader H1
{
MARGIN: 0px;
FONT: 24px ,1em Times New Roman,Georgia;
COLOR: #000;
LETTER-SPACING: 3px
}
#pageHeader H2
{
MARGIN: -8px -8px 0px;
FONT: italic 28px ,1em Times New Roman,Georgia;
COLOR: #444;
BORDER-BOTTOM: orange 1px solid;
TEXT-DECORATION: none
}
#pageHeader ACRONYM
{
BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px
}
#container #linkList
{
BORDER-RIGHT: #b09873 2px outset;
BORDER-TOP: #b09873 2px outset;
RIGHT: 0px;
BORDER-LEFT: #b09873 2px outset;
BORDER-BOTTOM: #b09873 2px outset;
BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat;
POSITION: absolute;
TOP: 90px;
WIDTH: 180px;
BACKGROUND-COLOR: white
}
#linkList2
{
MARGIN-LEFT: 8px
}
#footer
{
DISPLAY: block;
RIGHT: 270px;
POSITION: absolute;
TOP: 5px
}
#linkList H3
{
FONT-SIZE: 18px;
MARGIN: 0px;
PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
#linkList UL
{
MARGIN-LEFT: 0px;
PADDING-TOP: 0px;
LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none
}
#linkList LI
{
MARGIN-LEFT: 0px;
PADDING-TOP: 0px;
LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none
}
QUOTE Thanks
thePurpleGiant

It looks just fine here with Safari 1.2 - but possibly you have already fixed the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
JAKStar

Hello, I was hoping to find some help. I have a client who is accessing the site at http://www.solo-e.com via a Mac running OS9 and IE 5.1. She sees a dark red background. And in some cases, no text where this is indeed text on the page.

I am guessing that this has to do with my not knowing how to make the site more Mac friendly. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff at JAKStar
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

Well honestly, there's not a whole that can be done, from my experience. There are no longer any updates being done from IE for mac, and i'd venture to say a very small portion of people would use that browser now.

It's nice to be as cross-browser compatible as possible, but I'd check the site in mozialla/netscape and IE for pc. if those 3 browsers are seeing the site correctly, then she should be satisfied.

Css is difficult to get right for every browser, and if it's that big of a deal, you'll have to consider doing parts of it over, to make it work.

or You can spend hours figuring out the problem for 1 browser that isn't worth the time to do, but hell as long as she's paying you do whatever.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

In Safari it looks quite good white backround and yellow trim
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« upload/download pics from .mac to ebay | IFrame questions... »