Thread: iWeb 3 questions please
06-04-2013, 08:15 AM #1
iWeb 3 questions please
- Member Since
- Nov 06, 2008
I have 4 questions for iweb please if you can answer any.
1. I want to change the background image to my site I think I can do this but is there any way I can change the dimentions of the main page like the inner rectangle? I want to make it smaller.
2. How can I put a call or skype me button on my site?
3. I would also like to put a write on my facebook page box if anyone could help. I know where to get the scripts from but when I put them into html snippet nothing happens.
4. where to get really cool free website backgrounds
06-09-2013, 12:32 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 22, 2010
- Victoria, BC
- Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
1. Yes, you can change any element of an iWeb page. Changing the dimensions of the main body is a lot trickier. I'll try to look that up and get back to you on that.
2. Here you go -- place the resulting HTML code into the HTML snippet box. https://dev.skype.com/skype-uri/generator
4. Almost any piece of art can be a website background. Respect copyright and either use public-domain/free backgrounds (a Google image search should help you with this) or better yet create your own backgrounds with a cool photo or some such. IIRC 800x600 (@72dpi) is the standard iWeb page size so that's probably a good guideline for your background image. More info on this: How to make your iWeb sites background static | All About iWeb
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By mbohn in forum Web Design and HostingReplies: 5Last Post: 03-18-2010, 10:08 PM
By HEWLIO in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-18-2009, 05:57 PM
By nucklearknight in forum Web Design and HostingReplies: 4Last Post: 01-15-2009, 12:43 PM
By Lytheil in forum Web Design and HostingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-24-2008, 09:36 AM
By chrisgrieve in forum Web Design and HostingReplies: 0Last Post: 08-02-2007, 08:14 AM