New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Html

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

robbiemullen

robbiemullen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Power Mac G5 1.6Ghz,w/ 1.2Gb ram,+17" Apple studio Display..Mac Book Pro 2GHz w/ 1.5gb ram

I did some web sites two years ago on pc's and i want to get back in to doing it again. i have dreamweaver on the mac, but not intrested in using it. i used to do them on the pc using notepad and then saving as a html and editing the source file and saving and refreshing. i like doing it that way, however i tryed that using textedit and saved a html,but in safari or explorer i could not edit the source file..any ideas ??? :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
MadRhino23

Since you do not want to use DreamWeaver or Golive... use BBedit... very good tool for HTML, PHP , etc.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Check out nvu.org. It can do WYSIWYG and HTML and it's free.

I like SubEthaEdit for just pure code editing though...
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Please do not double post.

I would go with BBEdit also. That's what I use and really like it.
QUOTE Thanks
robbiemullen

robbiemullen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Power Mac G5 1.6Ghz,w/ 1.2Gb ram,+17" Apple studio Display..Mac Book Pro 2GHz w/ 1.5gb ram

I got Taco edit(freeware), im very happy with it.i tryed nvu.org and i had problems with the application, it just kept bouncing on the dock and wouldnt load. what do yous think of taco edit ?
QUOTE Thanks
steveedge

You can copy the source file and paste it into a text document, then save the text as.html.......but what would be better....is to simply SAVE AS in either of those browsers. There is an option to save as web archive or page source.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Webcast Video / Broadcast | Ecommerce/MacDock.com-Please HELP! »