New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Sites made with iWeb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mace

Mace will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 MBP

I've been watching the Keynote (mostly to show my little brother the things a Mac can do :black: ) and I'm wanting to show him, and anyone else, sites made within iWeb. So if you'd like to plop down your site, please do.
QUOTE Thanks
Mace

Nobody has seen any or wants to post one they made up?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://rmullinsphotos.com/iWeb I threw that together in like 15 minutes, no real work involved

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Fallooza

Fallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant future

ive been playin around a little, here is a link
QUOTE Thanks
tiger1964

tiger1964 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 12" iBook 1.33

http://www.tigerdesigns-online.com

Here's mine

This is not on a .Mac account site, its on my own sitel.
QUOTE Thanks
Mace

Thanks for posting up guys.
Tiger I'm def. going to be doing some 3D work once I get my Mac, any suggestions. I plan on cutting my teeth with DAZ products.
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
http://rmullinsphotos.com/iWeb I threw that together in like 15 minutes, no real work involved
you played potsdam? as in Potsdam new york? My brother used to go there, there is NOTHING up there in NY. (except wade throught the 4 feet of snow)
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Yea. They are still like another 4 hours north of us but we throw a great social together so we play each year

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
tiger1964

tiger1964 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 12" iBook 1.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace
Thanks for posting up guys.
Tiger I'm def. going to be doing some 3D work once I get my Mac, any suggestions. I plan on cutting my teeth with DAZ products.

Mace,

If you are just starting out I would suggest downloading a copy of DAZ studio for OSX and the content bundle. Its free. Also check the freebies sections at DAZ and Renderosity. Its a great way to start in 3D without any financial outlay. One word of warning, it becomes highly addictive.......sooner or later you begin to lust for things!! Its real easy to spend money on this stuff.

After you've had some time in 3D, you may want to check out Poser 6, Bryce
(now owned by DAZ) and Vue 5 by EON software.

If your really serious after all this I suggest moving on to 3D modeling. There are several programs to start with. Wing3D is free. I use Silo, its not free but a very reasonable cost and they offer Windows and Mac versions (you can get both for one price).

Welcome to the madhouse!!
QUOTE Thanks
trapzilla2002

trapzilla2002 is on a distinguished road

just posted some pics up there. took like 5 minutes. very easy to use the iWeb. i got iLife 06 and i really like it a lot.

http://web.mac.com/johnrobertleahy/i...as%202006.html

A Mac
QUOTE Thanks
Mace

Fun stuff guys, anyone seen anymore online?
QUOTE Thanks
PromoPunch

PromoPunch is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,

So its safe to assume you do not need to use iweb's hosting to publish your pages? We are looking for an easy way to publish marketing articles and would love to use this if it works on our own domain.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
digital_blue

Hey folks. I just registered here. Seems like a nice forum. I just redid a site I'd previously made, this time using iWeb. I has some issued with iWeb that brought me to this forum. I'll hunt around for my answer before asking any questions, but here's the site that I just made:

www.locksport.com

Cheers!

db
QUOTE Thanks
mig.gentry

mig.gentry will become famous soon enough

Is there anyway to make websites that fill the whole screen in iWeb. All the examples i see look like a column down the center of the screen, on bigger screens this looks really dull.

I'm not very confident as even Apple's own site sticks to this format.
QUOTE Thanks
WizzKid

WizzKid is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express

Awww i was looking at iweb on the apple website and you have to buy ilife - which is pointless for me because ive got everything apart from iweb
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Magic Mouse for web design... | iWeb's HTML Snippet in Firefox vs. Safari »