New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Best web dev tool for apache/php/mySql

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bascobill

bascobill is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I come from a MS development background, but our office is on Macs. I'd like to develop an intranet type site, which initially just needs one function - to give a searchable list of links to documents on a local server logical drive.

Because of security safeguards, I can't build this in an externally hosted site. It would be easy for me to make it in my usual dev environment of IIS/ASP/SqlSvr/Expression Web if I could.

I'd like to implement this on the local web server with PHP and MySql as the back end. Permissions would allow users to access the docs (we tested.)

Here's my question (finally.) What would be the best wysiwyg dev tool to use on the Mac that would allow me to code directly n the pages? I'm sure Dreamweaver will do it, but they wont want to spend that much for one page (initially.) It is an important page, so they will pay something.

I looked at iWeb, but there doesn't seem to be any access to the code.

Thanks for your help!
Bill
QUOTE Thanks
ljbaumer

ljbaumer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.5ghz Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 13inch Retina

For web editing without wanting to spend a money on a program such as dreamweaver just check out this: KompoZer - Easy web authoring

It is a free web editor that has lots of dreamweaver features and I really like using it.

Also if you need other tools for web editing (and photo editing), check this out: list

It's a list of 20 tools that are really great for web editing! And are free!

Also here is a list of alternatives to dreamweaver for free on the mac if you don't want to use kompozer: Web design on a budget. Six free alternatives to Dreamweaver. - Webdistortion : Webdistortion

If you need help developing the website feel free to send me a message!

Good Luck!
Ljbaumer

If I helped you out, add to my rep! Learn more about the reputation system here!
QUOTE Thanks
bascobill

bascobill is on a distinguished road

Hi Ljbaumer

Thanks for the info! I'm sure I'll find what I need there.

Bill
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« resetting page width in iWeb | Website that hosts GIFs/images bigger then 10MB? »