New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

swf in Safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

paul123asdf

paul123asdf is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone! I tried inserting a swf file on my site using various ways but in the end I've got it working everywhere but not in safari. In safari it does not show anything at all not even a white space. Is there a secret how to do this? Please help me. Thank you.

??????????????????? - ??????

It is in Russian language.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Maybe try Perian? I think I see your SWF. Even though support has been dropped - it still plays alot of files.
Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime® components
QUOTE Thanks
paul123asdf

I've already had Perian installed. But sadly having it installed does not help.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold

I have Perian, the latest flash player and Flip 4 mac installed. VLC too - but I don't think that has a plugin for the browsers. So one of those is allowing me to see your SWF - I just don't know which one.
QUOTE Thanks
paul123asdf

That is strange because I also have Perian, Flip4mac, vlc and the latest adobe flash. May be you have some other additional software allowing you to see it?
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

Those are the only codec type things that I know of installed on my machine. It worked in Chrome and Firefox as well.

I had thought swf didn't work on the Mac - but somehow it is playing for me. This testpage also works for me
SWF Test Page

edit:It is definitely showing as Flash - as click to Flash blocks it - but as I click on it - the swf will play.
QUOTE Thanks
paul123asdf

The strange thing is that the test page works on my mac in safari fine also my swf works in opera, firefox, chrome on mac but not in safari. I don't have any problems with flash on other sites either.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

Don't know what to tell you - but the Flash works - assuming it is the one with the pictures of the families going by in slide show type format.

It does take a while to load for me. Maybe 30 seconds or so before it starts playing.
QUOTE Thanks
paul123asdf

Yes, there must be families pictures in slideshow. I've tried on my friends mac, it did not work too.
It shows me this
http://rghost.ru/41462816/image.png
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Works here also.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
paul123asdf

Thanks everyone! I fixed it. Adblock blocked my swf. Could never expect it.

Solved.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« keynote - html | unwanted background music »