New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

animated banner

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bolton59

bolton59 is on a distinguished road

I have an animated banner on a website which is a .mov file. I want it to show when viewed on pc's and smartphones so I need to change the file format. Which format should I choose and how do I install it ?
QUOTE Thanks
corvaxmuzzy

corvaxmuzzy is on a distinguished road

There are some free online conversion services available. Google:
Code:
online mov to gif
Adobe Photoshop:
How to Make an Animated GIF from a Video in Photoshop CS5

You can also use Adobe Fireworks & Adobe ImageReady (Info on ImageReady: Adobe ImageReady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

If you wish to delve deeper in to the file, you may also wish to search for tutorials on how to optimise/optimize the GIFs.

Contact your webmaster or website developer to replace/update the banner. It should not take 2 minutes.
QUOTE Thanks
bolton59

bolton59 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help, I'll look into the options.
QUOTE Thanks
Barb_WHUK

Barb_WHUK is on a distinguished road

If the banner is already on a website then you don't really need to change it into a different format or something. It's already hosted and served from a server. Inorder to get it playing on your devices such as PC and smartphones, you need to make sure that the appropriate players are installed on them, so whenever you visit the webpage, you'd easily be able to view the video.

- Barb from WHUK
QUOTE Thanks
f1mac

f1mac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 27" 3.2GHz core i3. iphone 5. iPod classic 160g. macbook air 13" . apple tv.

It might be worth trying an app called HYPE it's a html creator and is possible to make your own banners/pages and any size really, Hype has a preset list ranging from iPhone size screens to 27'' mac screens. It is a little difficult to get your head around the program but like anything else, the more you use it the easier it becomes. I hope this helps you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I'm creating a website with Wordpress. What is the cheapest hosting option? | keynote - html »