New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

iWeb Gallery and Twitter Feed Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nics

nics is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, so I'm a pretty amateur user of iWeb and I'm temporarily using it to design some websites. I'm also not an expert on coding hence the reason I use iWeb. So two problems here, I've recently been asked to add a gallery and Twitter or Facebook feed on a site.

I've noticed that Twitter isn’t using an iframe code and it's not displaying when I enter it as an "HTML snippet" in iWeb. They don't seem to have any codes that work with iWeb, Facebook feed codes have the same problem. I know iWeb offers the RSS Feed widget but I'm not sure if that would work with what I'm trying to do, I've also never used it.

I also would like to know if anybody knows the easiest way to display a gallery on iWeb. Preferably cheap or free, I know there are some downloadable widgets. I used to use the MobileMe gallery but I didn't like the layout and they now don't offer that service, nor would I have even wanted to pay for that. Also this site is uploaded to an FTP server rather then through local folders. I've searched tutorials for posting slideshow/galleries and they've had me work with the folders, I'm still not an expert on that either and I don't use that method of upload.

Sorry for the long post but I'd really appreciate the feedback guys, thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using Zend Server on an iMac and the test.htm page code shows in the browser window.. | Ways to improve my website »