New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Deleted webpages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Magroglex

Magroglex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP

Is it possible to find a copy of deleted webpages? Some were deleted, the main ones, but now I am discovering that links from the main page still exist. If one just goes as far back as google goes, is one likely to find the pages? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHighway_Ryan

MacHighway_Ryan is on a distinguished road

You may be able to find something using Wayback Machine. However, they usually only archive code, so if links are broken or images don't exist any longer, you're no likely to recover those that way. Hope that helps.
Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

Ryan C.
MacHighway Technical Support Manager
www.machighway.com
Web hosting for Mac users by Mac users, since 1997.
QUOTE Thanks
Magroglex

Yes, thank you, it does help. I found the Way Back Machine yesterday, but can't figure out how to use it. Working on that.
QUOTE Thanks
alstone

alstone is on a distinguished road

Yes, Way back machine work with it try it again Magroglex, it will Work
QUOTE Thanks
stevewozniak

stevewozniak is on a distinguished road

The way back machine is a great tool to use. Also, if it your site got indexed on google, you can simply look at the cache. This will only work for a certain amount of time though. Another thing to consider is if you saved it on a USB or on your computer. That happened to me once. I accidentally deleted my entire site, but realized a day later that I had all my files saved on a separate hard drive. Pm me if you need more help.
QUOTE Thanks
Magroglex

Thanks.

I'm not very savvy and I don't really know how to get WayBackMachine to take the information and find what I am looking for.

The google index sounds easier. Can you tell me more?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Magroglex

Hey, thanks! I got it to work and got some of what I needed. Many thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
markperry919

markperry919 is on a distinguished road

So meaning by using WayBackMachine it possible we can back the deleted pages back? What if It deleted last week then trying to back again can you figure it on?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

The Internet Archive's WayBack Machine only works for a portion of the web since it's impossible to archive and index the entire web. If you have a relatively small site with low traffic, you might find it harder to retrieve older versions of a page.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Site loading pretty slow on safari | Rapidweaver questions »