Specs:
    MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.11.5, iPhone 5c, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.2
    Smile Wysiwyg editor to COMPLEMENT BBEdit
    Hello, I have been taking care of a website for over 10 years now. I use BBEdit as my primary editor. However, on occasions, I find it helpful to do some tasks on a wysiwyg editor. For this, I use Netscape 7.2 (yes, it has an integrated editor which is quite nice), and immediately finish the job on BBEdit, which is my primary tool. This could last for ever, but Netscape 7.2 has been EOLed long ago, and it is not Lion-compatible. Bad luck !

I have downloaded Amaya, may be OK, but does not look fun or mac-like to me, I have looked into the quintessential nix software Kompozer (used by my windows minions), bad luck, not Lion-compatible either.

Any suggestion ?

Note, I have been searching through the forum, and not found any BBEdit user confessing any use of a wysiwyg editor for certain tasks. I do. For me, wysiwyg is mainly a time saver for proofreading text, creating links, inserting photos (to CSS-improve later the code manually on BBEdit), creating tables and other similar brute tasks.

TIA
    -- Michelangelo
    https://abeille-cyclotourisme.fr/
    MacBookPro, iMac, iPhone 5c, iPad mini, AirPort Time Capsule (1st Generation), AirPort extreme (3rd generation)

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Before I say anything I am not linked to Fuse in any way

But I noticed earlier on today from a forum link this site

TheMacFeed - Quality Apple, Mac, and iOS news, reviews, interviews and views

The ad link on there gives 30% off Fuse (That's why I am linking to that blog site rather than directly to Fuse)

Fuse looks to have got 4 starts on MacWorld, so might be worth a look for a WYSIWIG editor

http://www.macworld.com/article/1158833/macflux3.html
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Specs:
    late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Yosemite, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
    I use Kompozer with Lion so I don't see where the incompatibility is. I use it rarely and do a lot of editing with TextWrangler. I have also been using Fuse as mentioned by louishen. It works quite nicely but I am just starting to use it. Most of my wysiwig editing previously was using dreamweaver 8.0 with wine on a linux box.

Bill

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    Before I say anything I am not linked to Fuse in any way

But I noticed earlier on today from a forum link this site

TheMacFeed - Quality Apple, Mac, and iOS news, reviews, interviews and views

The ad link on there gives 30% off Fuse (That's why I am linking to that blog site rather than directly to Fuse)

Fuse looks to have got 4 starts on MacWorld, so might be worth a look for a WYSIWIG editor

MacFlux 3 Web Publishing Software Review | Macworld
    Thanks. Unfortunately, I have not been successful in any of my attempts to locate Fuse. can you be more specific ?
    -- Michelangelo
    MacBookPro, iMac, iPhone 5c, iPad mini, AirPort Time Capsule (1st Generation), AirPort extreme (3rd generation)

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by bboggess View Post
    I use Kompozer with Lion so I don't see where the incompatibility is. I use it rarely and do a lot of editing with TextWrangler. I have also been using Fuse as mentioned by louishen. It works quite nicely but I am just starting to use it. Most of my wysiwig editing previously was using dreamweaver 8.0 with wine on a linux box.

Bill
    On its download site Kompozer is said to only work on PPC processors. This explains why I have not tried it so far.

SeaMonkey (a Mozilla offspring similar to my Netscape 7.2) does not seem to be Lion compatible yet.

TextWrangler is a little friend of BBEdit (also by Bare Bones software), but it is a text editor, not wysiwyg.

Many people refer me to Dreamweaver, which I have used in its infant days (2.0). Dreamweaver was even pluggable to BBEdit to use BBEdit as a text editor. It would be just fine, simply severe overkill for the job since BBEdit is my primary and ultimate HTML editor.

Thanks for the info.
    -- Michelangelo

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by michelangelo View Post
    On its download site Kompozer is said to only work on PPC processors. This explains why I have not tried it so far.

SeaMonkey (a Mozilla offspring similar to my Netscape 7.2) does not seem to be Lion compatible yet.

TextWrangler is a little friend of BBEdit (also by Bare Bones software), but it is a text editor, not wysiwyg.

Many people refer me to Dreamweaver, which I have used in its infant days (2.0). Dreamweaver was even pluggable to BBEdit to use BBEdit as a text editor. It would be just fine, simply severe overkill for the job since BBEdit is my primary and ultimate HTML editor.
    I just downloaded Seamonkey 2.11 (latest stable version) on OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard, not Lion). It is quite similar to Netscape (same Mozilla engine, after all), may even be more smooth (better) to use. Seems quite promising.

The webpage indicates that Seamonkey 2.13 will be Lion compatible. The current beta version is 2.12 B2. Sigh

Si I gave it a try on Lion (OS 10.7), and downloaded the stable 2.11 on a separate Lion computer (my wife's, really, with an account reserved for me, but without any of my software used for webdesign). It works, and seems to work allright.

Maybe, after all Kompozer may also work on Lion while stating the opposite. I now know I will first give a chance to Seamonkey, because I am already used to it, by my experience with Netscape 7.

I will look into their forum or something and keep this thread posted.
    -- Michelangelo

Thread Information