New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

FTP help with FileZilla please

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LisaPixieGirl

LisaPixieGirl is on a distinguished road

I use Filezilla all the time to transfer to my website however I am trying to transfer from my flashdrive to my remote site and I cannot seem to locate the flash drive on the local side? What am I doing wrong?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Please do not double post. Only post one time and wait awhile before bumping your post. Your duplicate post was removed. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
mac.support

mac.support is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I believe you might not see flash drive in filezilla, but then also when you open filezilla in the first quatrant ie left first column check in the drop down that u are able to see the flash drive icon or not . if not then check on mac system that u are able to see flash drive icon .

also check that when u attach flash drive to mac the flash drive light blinks.

if then also it do not work please help me with the screen shot of the filezilla so taht i can work on it
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

If FileZilla doesn't work with flash drives (I can't imagine why it wouldn't), have you tried simply copying the files to your Mac and then uploading them from there?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
markperry919

markperry919 is on a distinguished road

Better try to transfer to your hard drive than to make lazy.
QUOTE Thanks
TapitZac

TapitZac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro

along the same lines (and might end up being helpful to LisaPixieGirl), is it true that Fetch incorporates/works better with Mac OS than filezilla?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Broken links in iWeb | Iweb »