New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Building a wordpress homepage & blog

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Liedschatten

Liedschatten is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I just wanted to ask you guys if there are any experiences in building homepages with wordpress.
I would like to open a discussion about this. I made fantastic experience with wordpress as you can see in my signature links.
Anyway - I am of course open to other ideas how to build homepages and blogs. Since I am not a programmer Wordpress was the easiest way for me to come to great and quick results.

Any other opinions?

Cheers,
KA
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

It is trivial to create a website using Wordpress. Any web host that has Fantastico has the ability to install Wordpress in a couple of seconds and you can quickly browse for a theme from within Wordpress and start creating your customized site..

I've used Wordpress for a lot of blogs and e-Commerce sites with great success.

In my case, I end up doing a bit of coding to customize it, but the newer versions allow you to do a LOT without programming anything..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Liedschatten

Quote:
In my case, I end up doing a bit of coding to customize it, but the newer versions allow you to do a LOT without programming anything..
Hi Ashwin,

thanks for your reply!

Same with me. It's pretty easy to customise it, after installing and there are hundreds of cool free templates out there. During the last years I even bought cooler templates to make my sites even more professional.

Cheers!
KA
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I'm glad this discussion got started as I inch closer and closer to starting a blog of my own, I have not coded anything like this since Netscape Communicator was widely available.

Of course there is also the distinct possibility that I am not the center of the known universe and no one wants to know what I think. lol.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Liedschatten

Hey Slydude,

so you will start your blog on Wordpress too?
Great idea!
What is it about...your blog?
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

That's the problem. I don't really have a good idea. That's why I have not started yet. I think I would like most/perhaps all of it to be Mac/tech related but I have not gotten beyond that point. I'm open for suggestions.

QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
I'm glad this discussion got started as I inch closer and closer to starting a blog of my own, I have not coded anything like this since Netscape Communicator was widely available.
The beauty of Wordpress and other CMS' these days is that you can do quite a lot of things with button pushes and through nice use of AJAX requiring little to no coding to customize the look of your blogs. Being able to program (especially in CSS for styling) can really make a difference in how your blog appears.

For the other "features" that you might be interested in, Wordpress has a VERY extensive collection of plugins that can be installed to pretty much do anything that you can think of and allow you to integrate/manage them with no hassle at all..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

I had several things bookmarked that apparently were on the drive that is trying to die, When I have Time Machine back up my stuff I did not include the User folder and other system files. Just my data which was stored elsewhere,

The tips involved things like boolean searches, doing calculations with Spotlight, and forcing it to create a new index. There were probably a few others I've forgotten, I can probably find again later today,

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do i change my browser background size in iweb? | Help redirecting to mobile site »