New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

need to find software to have multiple editable pages on web site

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wifi

wifi is on a distinguished road

Hi I am trying to find some way of having a site with several hundred pages, each of which
I can edit on a possibly weekly or daily basis fairly easily!.
Also, I am setting up a site as an online gallery for photos and art work and
this would have several hundred pages as well.
Perhaps there is a buyable software, or would I have to get some one to
build the software?
I was thinking I might be able to have loads of internal links on a home page by
setting up categories which you click on and they go to a page which has further
categories and break down the geography of the site in that way so there are not too
many links on the home page. I am concerned that having several hundred pages linked
internally may not work very well in the long run or be very efficient!
Your'e bright ideas and comments would be very welcome and appreciated.

Cheers wifi
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Sounds like you need a CMS (Content Management System), more than an application.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
wifi

wifi is on a distinguished road

thanks for your reply mike could you expand on that .It would be most helpful cheers wifi
sounds like a CMS
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Adobe Muse for the online Photo gallery.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Groovetube

Groovetube has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Retina MBP 2.7 768ssd/16gig ram /30" dell 3008. and bunch of other mac/apple stuff

wordpress, there are plenty of photography themes out there for like 40 bucks.

Or, you want to go totally free and some knowledge of setting up wordpress (or have a friend who can) nextGen plugin for photo gallery/albums is grand. (actually many of the photo wordpress themes are based on nextGen plugin)
QUOTE Thanks
Brynnae

Brynnae is on a distinguished road

There are many CMS are available in market such as Joomla CMS, Drupal CMS, Sugar CRM, X-cart, Magento and many more. Now days Magento is one of the open-source platform used to develop online stores.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Applying M.S. Word documents to iWeb | Web page background, help needed! »