03-07-2012, 05:17 PM #1
php on localhost: screwed up linking
- Member Since
- Mar 07, 2012
About a year ago, I wrote a module in PHP for a membership register/login. I was not into MySQL at the time, so the database is a simple text file. Development was done on my website on a remote server using Safari.
I've recently installed MySQL 5.5 and enabled WebServer (MacBook OS 10.6). Having rewritten the registration pages, I proceeded to rewrite the login pages. The first login page is HTML using an input form that passes the info to a PHP page for processing.
The problem is, instead of loading the PHP on my localhost, it redirects to where I had the old module on my website.
I completely rewrote the HTML into a new document, renamed all the pages (including the redirect - action="login.php" changed to action="accept-member.php"). I also installed Firefox but same thing.
Even after changing the "action=" script, the browser still goes looking for "login.php" on my remote website.
This is driving me crazy and has brought my development to a standstill.
To any replies, I'm a SQL newbie.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By zbowles in forum Web Design and HostingReplies: 3Last Post: 03-02-2012, 06:28 PM
By ChronixPsyc in forum Web Design and HostingReplies: 3Last Post: 01-13-2011, 04:59 AM
By Jarvis in forum Web Design and HostingReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2010, 09:04 PM
By Andy_M in forum OS X - Development and DarwinReplies: 0Last Post: 11-15-2006, 04:17 PM
By EvoMac in forum Web Design and HostingReplies: 2Last Post: 02-18-2005, 01:38 PM