New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

website html appleworks problems please help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrPencil

Ok, back when i used windows i was able to create great websites with only notepad and good old html. I would then upload the files to the server via cuteftp.

Now fast forward to me and my apple computer. I attempted to create the same html in appleworks and upload it the same way via cuteftp for mac, yet for some reason when i view source through safari 2 certain parts of the html code is removed and replaced with 0's

you can check the first page here http://home.comcast.net/~shkcc/

please help me as to why this is happening, and how i can fix this. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

Try recreating it in textedit. That's wierd. Are you uploading in ascii or binary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPencil
Ok, back when i used windows i was able to create great websites with only notepad and good old html. I would then upload the files to the server via cuteftp.

Now fast forward to me and my apple computer. I attempted to create the same html in appleworks and upload it the same way via cuteftp for mac, yet for some reason when i view source through safari 2 certain parts of the html code is removed and replaced with 0's

you can check the first page here http://home.comcast.net/~shkcc/

please help me as to why this is happening, and how i can fix this. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MrPencil

i dont know if i am uploading ascii or binary im using cuteftp. i switched to text edit and it just shows the html on the page not what it should. It actually shows what i typed in the index.html file, not what i want to show up, almost like vieweing source AS the webpage lol. I tried Textwrangler and it does the same thing as appleworks did
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

I'd guess it's your ftp.
QUOTE Thanks
MrPencil

ok, i just found out cuteftp is transferiing it in ascii, is that bad? if so can i change that?
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

To make things easier, I'd suggest you grab a copy of TextWrangler
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18529
Heck of a lot better than AppleWorks for writing code of any sort...and it's got a built-in FTP client.
QUOTE Thanks
MrPencil

I tried textwrangler and it didnt work, then i i used the ftp that you mentioned (i didnt know about it) and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much. ^_^
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My first page | process form data »