New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

My first page

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jeff223

Although I did this site awhile ago it is my first one. I recently did another one and have designed many but not programed them. I did this site about 6 months ago it's my portfolio site just want to see what you guys think.
http://zorak.monmouth.edu/~s0503930/final/home.html
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff223
Although I did this site awhile ago it is my first one. I recently did another one and have designed many but not programed them. I did this site about 6 months ago it's my portfolio site just want to see what you guys think.
http://zorak.monmouth.edu/~s0503930/final/home.html
I like it a lot, nice concept. The only problem I have is that it is just a little too busy for me as a portfolio site. Maybe because I am a minimalist when it comes to that but concept is very schweet. But that is only one persons opinion of course others may have a very different opinion. But the site really shows you know your stuff and have a handle on it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I love the resume page and the homepage. The busy part pertains to the actual portfolio section.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff223

Yeah i know much more web design now so eventually i will update it. The thing is i have so much more work probably double the amount thats already on there. So coming up with a better system for the thumbnails will be a must. I'll probably use flash to use a nice bar with scrolling thumbnails. I don't really know flash that well but will be taking a course on it soon. Thanks for the input. As soon as i finish my companies web page I'm developing I'll post it. very excited about it.
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

you said this was your orignail site, have you completed a more recent site that i can see?

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff223

For my portfolio no I haven't. But will one day.
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

You might want to work on your efficieny and HTML. There are a ton of slices on your portfolio page. Most browsers can only download 5 images at a time. So even thought your page isn't file size heavy, its image heavy. I would make that a white bg w/ transparent gifs...Keep in mind all those slices inbetween have to load...Just and FYI
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A favor from a Web Designer | website html appleworks problems please help! »