New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

website music player

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

reddavis999

reddavis999 is on a distinguished road

I am designing a website for my band and have put a flash music player on the site. We havnt yet recorded, so i have just put other bands music on it. My question is. am i allowed to do this? (im not offering them to download just to play on the player)

thanks, red
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

I think that is legal, as long as you aren't making any money off the site by playing other people's music there.

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddavis999
I am designing a website for my band and have put a flash music player on the site. We havnt yet recorded, so i have just put other bands music on it. My question is. am i allowed to do this? (im not offering them to download just to play on the player)

thanks, red
Yeah non-profit sites are exempt. Although it is a fine line still. My brother had to get permission to use a band's music in one of his films for school because he entered it in a film festival. So just as long as it is not a commercial site you are fine.
QUOTE Thanks
reddavis999

reddavis999 is on a distinguished road

thanks guys.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how secure is .htaccess | Need help finding hosting »