New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Creating my site using Adobe CS

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

I recently bought a second hand copy of Adobe CS and I was wondering what exactly would be the best way for me to learn to use it?

I wan to use it to create two sites. One is my personal blog and the other is my bands website. Can anyone give me some ideas/ tips..... Maybe direct me to a site which has a tutorial on creating a full site using just the CS software.

By the way Im using CS and not CS2.

Thanks

Shane
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

Go to adobe,I have been teaching myself, Tutorials are every where. Good luck.read this thread
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...201#post153201

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
MartinAustin

While Adobe CS may do an adequate job of making a website (I don't know, I have never tried it), my advice is always to start with the basics. HTML and CSS. It makes things a lot easier when you can understand the code that Adobe CS will generate.

This does not hold true for all applications, however. Microsoft FrontPage, for example, produces code that not even Internet Explorer can understand well.

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
bobber205

Frontpage is HORRIBLE!

Want something really similar, but with more kickass?

NVU's Web Page

Awesome site designed. Produces readable code, close to you what you'd really type. Might be good to learn with too.
:cool:
QUOTE Thanks
Sodium Studios

I hand code in Notepad (still a PC user at the mo), and just get frustrated with the slowness of programs like GoLive (about 4 mins to load).

So, if you want to learn, hard-code in a word editor. It'll give you a good respect for site code.
QUOTE Thanks
fisha

From Windows experience:

Sorry, I cant abide by NVU . . . sure it looks nice and stuff, but thats about it. It point blank refuses to handle some of the code i want to put into pages . . . and thats even with me hand coding it into the HTML code tab. Go back to save the file and it decides to change it all and if it doesn't understand it, then it just removes the section of code.

I found it just woeful. Uninstalled in less than a day.

I quite like Frontpage . . . it does what you tell it to ( but you have to be wary of not letting it take over and getting sucked in the MS specific stuff )

MAcromedia Dreamweaver i like as well.

but before all that, learn the basics. It makes it oh so much easier when you layout a page and then want to tweak parts of the HTML code itself.
QUOTE Thanks
lil

That much is true and truthfully, HTML 4.01, CSS and XHTML aren't all that difficult, I certainly wouldn't call it programming.

There again I have been at this game for ten years now (mind you my creations back then in HTML 2.0 and SimpleText were simply - abysmal :flower: )

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

I have a good understanding of HTML 4.01 and XHTML.... I want to bring stuff further though... and to top it off I have had to format my hard drive and Ive lost the installation of Studio MX I had..... so Im left with only CS.

The tutorials all over the net are only for CS2..... it is impossible to find tutorials for CS!
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

check these out http://www.heathrowe.com/tutorials.asp

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
MadRhino23

Learn Photoshop first....

Lay your Design of the site out. ( 780 - 790 pixels width).

Learn GoLive next... especially tables, how they expand, lock, justify, etc... fool around with them.

Start cutting your layouts to fit your tables, ( saving for Web - jpg, gif, etc.)...

Since your a novice, do not not even fool around with CSS files right now... once you start building better pages, then jump into CSS...

Learn the basics first...

If you need some examples just holler....

admin@northcoastdesign.com :headphone :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodium Studios
I hand code in Notepad (still a PC user at the mo), and just get frustrated with the slowness of programs like GoLive (about 4 mins to load).

So, if you want to learn, hard-code in a word editor. It'll give you a good respect for site code.
Sorry, but I find that is absolutely pointless advice for real newbies...
I agree that it is possible to create nicer, more efficient code by hand, but as a beginner you don't want to dive in at the deep end, only to end up producing really basic pages.

I always used to use a WYSIWYG editor, and now I usually layout my page in Dreamweaver and then tweak and update it by hand.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Footer issue | Changing DW's dropdown nav background from solid color to an image? »