New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Custom title when adding to iPad home screen?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Norbi

Norbi is on a distinguished road

Hi there Mac fans!
I have a question which I haven't seen anywhere else...

I made my website in iWeb (along with a lot of extra code added after) and have pretty much achieved everything I wanted from it. http://norbithejuggler.com

EXCEPT one thing:

My title is "Norbi | World-Champion Juggler | Circus Artist", so when my site is added to the iPad home screen, it just shows "Norbi | World". That's kind of bizarre and unhelpful as a title.

SO: Is there is a possible code to add so that when someone adds my site to the home screen, it puts a different title.

Thanks guys,
Norbi
QUOTE Thanks
Connell

Connell is on a distinguished road

i am not too sure about this problem but i do know that there is a limit to how big the title is. Im not too sure about the coding to change it, but if you make a version of your website to fit the ipad screen res. you could use some php code to redirect to your mobile site. If you want just reply or inbox me and ill get you the code.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scripting for DL's | Clients updating websites without me »