New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Website Critique

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joegullo

joegullo is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my website.

Let me know what you think!
www.joegullo.net

I will also return the favor
QUOTE Thanks
patrickv

patrickv is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 4GB DDR3,250GB HD

dude, looks so sweet, I love the stripped background, easy on the eyes. no overlapping areas or anything, neat and simple stuff. love the black and white, blends well together. One comment though, your favicon!! If you could put something related to the colors of your site or text on it, that'd be cool.
Oh and my site is DezignCubicle | Welcome.

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
kpmedia

kpmedia is on a distinguished road

The text renders oddly in Windows. Almost hard to see. Why not just use a standardized web font?

Need space at bottom. Padding.

Scroll within the page? I'd fix that, let CSS expand column as needed. I'm guessing this is an iframe?

Aside from that, looks good.

I generally expect the worst (and am usually not disappointed) when somebody requests design feedback in public. It's nice to not see an absolute trainwreck every now and again.

I'd link to some of my work, but a lot of it is in re-dev right now.

DVD Burning Problems? Learn which discs work best, and which are to be avoided, at digitalFAQ.com
Don't hate Windows. Just use Parallels! Best of both worlds!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Very good work there..my only comment would be to style the WP blog with your overall theme..having the other tabs show up in one scheme and then having the blog show up in a different scheme throws off the entire flow..

Also, since you lose the top menu bar in the blog, you have to hit BACK to go back to the site..so fix that and you'll be good..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.10.1

Joe,
Cool stuff.
I mainly looked at how easy it was to navigate and find information.
Everything is there within 2 clicks ... well done.
Also very easy on the eyes.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
joegullo

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.

@patrickv: Awesome website and design!

@kpmedia: What browser are you using on Windows? I checked both Internet Explorer and Firefox. More issues with Internet Explorer and I agree the bottom needs some additional padding (especially in Internet Explorer). I agree with the scrolling in the page - that is how iWeb renders RSS feeds. I'm not a huge fan of it and I'm looking into alternatives. No rush, but send me a link when you finish!

@Raz0rEdge Hmm..my idea was to differentiate between my blog and personal website. And I agree, I need to fix the top navigation to go back to my main page.

@McBie Thanks! My goal is to make it as easy as possible to navigate through my website.
QUOTE Thanks
kpmedia

kpmedia is on a distinguished road

FF3 and Chrome. I never use IE.

RSS - iWeb may make it that way, but with some work, I bet you could CSS it better. (Unless it's a self-contained JS object, which may or may not be customizable all that easily.)

DVD Burning Problems? Learn which discs work best, and which are to be avoided, at digitalFAQ.com
Don't hate Windows. Just use Parallels! Best of both worlds!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegullo View Post
@Raz0rEdge Hmm..my idea was to differentiate between my blog and personal website. And I agree, I need to fix the top navigation to go back to my main page.
That's completely fine, but you just need a way to go back to the main site since the blog isn't your main site..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Looks nice and well organized.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
lampguru

lampguru is on a distinguished road

It looks very good. well designed, clean and simple.
QUOTE Thanks
joegullo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
FF3 and Chrome. I never use IE.

RSS - iWeb may make it that way, but with some work, I bet you could CSS it better. (Unless it's a self-contained JS object, which may or may not be customizable all that easily.)
Yea, I'm not a huge fan of IE. I'll have to check chrome.

I'm going to play around with it - I'm not 100% sure how to edit the CSS in iWeb.
QUOTE Thanks
joegullo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
That's completely fine, but you just need a way to go back to the main site since the blog isn't your main site..

Regards
Yes, I'm working on fixing that!
QUOTE Thanks
joegullo

@CrimsonRequiem and @lampguru Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Web hosting from mac mini server? | Trixbox and Darwin Streaming Server »