New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

PHP Binaries

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

apt

Is there PHP(4.3/4.4) binaries available for Mac OS X 10.x in zip format.

I tried downloading .dmg file from http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/ . But i need it in zip format.

Any help would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Since this is a PHP module for the Apache web server included in Mac OS X, there is no reason to put it in .zip format, therefore the .dmg is used.

Why would you need it to be in .zip format?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
apt

Thanks for your response.

And i need to distribute the PHP(4.3) binaries with my small application, as i dont want to disturb the system installed PHP/Apache settings in Mac OS X. Thatz the reason i asked for PHP binaries in zip/tar. By this my zip file will extract my application with apache and php in any Mac OS X and ready to use. Is there any way to do like this?
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

You could always download the dmg files, open them up and then re-zip them using the "Create Archive" command in Finder.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
apt

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
You could always download the dmg files, open them up and then re-zip them using the "Create Archive" command in Finder.
thanks schweb,

Downloaded the .dmg file. which directory i have to re-zip for php binaries, whether after it gets installed in .../local directory, or before that process... It would be helpfull if u help me with the details..

Thanks in advance..
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Well I've never actually downloaded the dmg but a dmg is just another form of packaging so I would imagine you'd just open the dmg, take the files out and use the Create Archive to zip them right back up again.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft Server 2003/ Mac file web hosting | Website Creators??? »