New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

New Apple inc rumors/news website, critique needed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

adrianveidt

adrianveidt is on a distinguished road

Hi guys im a wannabe web developer and i decided to practice by creating a Mac rumours/News site:

home - Eat your Apples

i would love to hear your design/functionality suggestions! (bear in mind this is my first attempt at anything web development related so please sugar-coat the abuse )

how much of an entry should i display as an excerpt on the home page? (its hard to tell if viewers wanna click on an article to read it all or just scroll down the homepage without clicking)

do you like the banner? (feels a little empty to me)

are the font colours readable? (i've only got a poxy little laptop so i'd love to hear what it looks like on your monitors)

Many many thanks,
Adrian
QUOTE Thanks
Robin Hood

Robin Hood is on a distinguished road

I like it.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I think it looks good. My only gripe is with the banner. The green apple thing is kind of taking away from the name of your website. Doesn't help that it's the same color as the background too. >_<"

Keep it simple and try not to use too many different fonts.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
dserious111

dserious111 is on a distinguished road

how do you get space on the right side of the page for the ad's?
QUOTE Thanks
dserious111

dserious111 is on a distinguished road

nevermind...figured it out
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Design is pretty clean, graphics are good (though you should give credit more often). As far as website mechanics go, it's not clear that I'm on the "all" tab by default. As far as writing goes, use AP style (ie, spell out one through nine, 10 and above are numbers, "percent" is always written out, etc).
QUOTE Thanks
hamo

hamo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Intel Core i5

over all a good design though i do have a few pointers for you
1 give your self some more back glow ,(on eat your apples) will make it pop a bit more
2 reduce the the font size
3 loose the funky font(all the latest) use a web safe font
4 can you not find a better image for the iphone looks a bit bity around the edges , there are plenty of vector images out there of iphones

but over all it is a goodd first attempt well done!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I get me facebook status update to appear on my iweb site? | Bloggers: How can I get rid of this Main Background? »