Help in building a website like this on a Mac?
    Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie when it comes to website designing. I'd like to learn how to create a page like this one in terms of its navigation:

Hello Delta // Cultural Photography of the Mississippi Delta // News

I like the navigation at top, where if you click on each section (like "pricing"), the word changes color, and it loads the content below without reloading the entire page. Both the header of the page ("Hello Delta") and the navigation section stay put, without using frames or Flash. I'm not sure what to even call this kind of site design (yup, total newbie ).

Is it difficult to learn? Is there a Mac program that can help me create a page that uses something like that? Programs can be ones you pay for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I think it's Java script that they used. The navigation is a standard list, and the formatting or the way it looks was achieved with CSS and Java.

Forgot to there a way for me to do that using regular text that changes color? I don't have any big graphics programs yet to make custom graphic buttons. I'd be happy with a navigation menu like that using text that changes color with a mouse hover, and clicking leads to loading different pages below without the navigation or header reloading.

Ideally, a program where I can do that fairly easily by template or something would be great. Not sure if that exists. Thanks!

It can be done with a simple css code the 'hover' element would do the trick so long as the link colors are different from one another. hope i helped with the links part as for the pages loading in one pages, that's java script code. search for the website 'dynamic drive' and there are numerous tutorials and tricks there.

A:link {text-decoration: none;
    color: black;}
    A:visited {text-decoration: none;}
    A:active {text-decoration: none;}
    A:hover {text-decoration: underline;
    color: red;}

Thread Information