New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Help in building a website like this on a Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macgirl247

macgirl247 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie when it comes to website designing. I'd like to learn how to create a page like this one in terms of its navigation:

Hello Delta // Cultural Photography of the Mississippi Delta // News

I like the navigation at top, where if you click on each section (like "pricing"), the word changes color, and it loads the content below without reloading the entire page. Both the header of the page ("Hello Delta") and the navigation section stay put, without using frames or Flash. I'm not sure what to even call this kind of site design (yup, total newbie ).

Is it difficult to learn? Is there a Mac program that can help me create a page that uses something like that? Programs can be ones you pay for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I think it's Java script that they used. The navigation is a standard list, and the formatting or the way it looks was achieved with CSS and Java.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
macgirl247

macgirl247 is on a distinguished road

Forgot to add...is there a way for me to do that using regular text that changes color? I don't have any big graphics programs yet to make custom graphic buttons. I'd be happy with a navigation menu like that using text that changes color with a mouse hover, and clicking leads to loading different pages below without the navigation or header reloading.

Ideally, a program where I can do that fairly easily by template or something would be great. Not sure if that exists. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Pathurr19

Pathurr19 is on a distinguished road

It can be done with a simple css code the 'hover' element would do the trick so long as the link colors are different from one another. hope i helped with the links part as for the pages loading in one pages, that's java script code. search for the website 'dynamic drive' and there are numerous tutorials and tricks there.

Quote:
<style>
A:link {text-decoration: none;
color: black;}
A:visited {text-decoration: none;}
A:active {text-decoration: none;}
A:hover {text-decoration: underline;
color: red;}
</style>
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't see my website on my computer, but can on my cell | iweb-mobile me - personal domain »