New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

How do I add a tracking code to my iWeb page?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rikki

Rikki is on a distinguished road

I want to add a tracking code to my page but I can't seem to get it to "take." I copied the html code from a 3rd party site (Google Analytic) and tried pasting into the html widget in iWeb but when I check the tracking report it keeps telling me the code has not been installed. I have tried placing the text block at various places on the page and still no luck. The directions at Google Analytic tell me where I need to paste it into the html code but to do that I need an html editor or a text editor that can read html.

Am I doing something wrong with the html widget? If a tracking code can't be added with a widget is there a way I can edit the source code directly? A text editor, maybe? I tried Word but but it wouldn't open the page.

Thanks for any help!

Rikki
QUOTE Thanks
csegeek

csegeek is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more

If you are using a web hosting co like BlueHost or even GoDaddy .. they have an online editor that you can use to make simple changes to your web code ... it will be in just html format. but you should be able to just paste the Analytic code towards the bottom. I have not used iWeb ... I'm sure it would make my life easier ... but I like making things difficult for my self for some reason

Ce's GeekBook PC guru wana Be turned Mac geek
QUOTE Thanks
Rikki

Rikki is on a distinguished road

Thanks, but unfortunately I am on Dreamhost and they don't have such a feature. Out of desperation I tried copy/pasting the source code from my browser to Word and saving in plain text as an html file and make the edit that way but I ended up completely distorting and ruining my home page. So I'm back to my original question. Any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Have you tried exporting your page from iWeb as HTML and then inserting it manually afterwards?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
carpenter

carpenter is on a distinguished road

I tried inserting the Google Analytics code into my website and then once I uploaded, all the headers on all the pages disappeared and I don't know how to get them back. No, I cannot write code and I do not think I can insert it and now I can't find where it is. AND there's no "repair" function in iWeb, not even if I reload the software.

What do I do now?
QUOTE Thanks
smultron

smultron is on a distinguished road

Have you tried iWeb SEO Tool to do this?

Top Search Engine Rankings for Your iWeb Website | iWeb SEO Tool for Mac OS X
QUOTE Thanks
Serina81

Serina81 is on a distinguished road

Try this site

guimkie.com/imap

the guy designed it to build sitemaps, put on metatags, google analytics, etc. just for iweb
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Two new Wordpress themes: Fodri Pulao and Zhovnya | Looking for free domain HeLp!1 »