New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

flash slideshow for iweb photography site

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cleangetaway

cleangetaway is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Apple IIe

Hi Peeps,

have gotten a lot of handy tips from this site, and thought it was about time i signed up.

I had a look for some help on this but didnt find much. I am looking for some help or suggestions on possible flash slideshows I could use for the front page and folio section of my photography website.

I created my current site late last year and am now looking to update it. I would like a slideshow that I can integrate into iWeb to place on the home page of the site that automatically changes through a half dozen images (that cant be interfered with by viewers) Im looking for very simple, no borders, no buttons, logos, fancy stuff.

The other slideshow would be for my folio images, this I would want to be able to have a small caption, left and right buttons (discrete) and/or maybe a photostrip underneath.

Is there anything out there for mac that I can use or download without paying a stupid amount for? I understand there is a slideshow creator with iWeb but I want this site to look totally orginal, nothing that gives away that i made it with a simple program. (not that I dont appreciate the capabilities of this awesome program!)

anyone got any suggestions?

current site index
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

You don't have to use flash. In fact I wouldn't. You can use CSS, and jquery. Examples here.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
cleangetaway

cleangetaway is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Apple IIe

Thanks heaps for your suggestions! I have dabbled with CSS in the past, but i am a total amateur with codes and all that stuff. It just frustrates the **** out of me everytime things don't work the way they should. I looked at the Jquery thing, looks interesting, but again, I am a photographer, I know photography, but not fancy computer graphics and design. I wish I had time to learn all about something new, but I don't. So I am looking for simple solutions that anyone can use. cheers though for your input, I appreciate it...
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

As a print designer, I know where you are coming from. I just specialize in one thing but my line of work does require that I know how to do web, packaging, and other skill sets such as illustrating, painting, and photography.

Even though I don't specialize in any of the other areas I still try to learn as much as I can. It's more like a trial and error, or mostly learn as you go along. That's how I like to tackle things.

The coding does seem a little scary but it's kind of all there for you already...you just have to tweak it slightly to make it work for you.

There is always Bridge from the Adobe CS suite that does make a flash type photo gallery for you. All you need to do is supply the images and it produces the thumbnails and what not for you. I'm not sure if there is a similar application that can do this that is free.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« blocking websites with terminal | Not seeing updated content »