New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Problems with IE and Flash

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zen4thought

Hello everyone..
I have a very odd problem here, I've been working on a site for a friend. The base of it is done in Dreamweaver (version 7.0), and I have a flash animation in the site. When I test it in FireFox it looks wonderful, no flaws, when I test it in IE only part of it comes up! My IE is version 5.2.
Now here is where it gets even stranger, I had some friends test it out on their pc's, and they see it perfectly (in both firefox and ie), Sadly I don't know many people with mac's. So could someone check it out and see if it works on their IE... then let me know.. (the problem i have in IE, is it cut's off the icons in the flash that i have on the right side of the page)
Also if it doesnt work, would anyone know what I shoud do?
Thank you so much in advance!
Here is the link to the site:
http://twistedcircleproductions.com/website/
QUOTE Thanks
justinpfarrell

I checked it out and I am getting the same problem with IE. That is very strange. I am not sure what to tell you. I have a good amount of experience in all of the above, and have never seen anything like that. Flash is compiled and displayed the same everywhere so I dont understand why it would do that in IE.

Another reason why microsoft sucks.
QUOTE Thanks
zen4thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinpfarrell
I checked it out and I am getting the same problem with IE. That is very strange. I am not sure what to tell you. I have a good amount of experience in all of the above, and have never seen anything like that. Flash is compiled and displayed the same everywhere so I dont understand why it would do that in IE.

Another reason why microsoft sucks.
I'm not sure what to do either :-/
Although I am going to try and rerender another swf file out and replace it. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. Flash is Flash right? and it's bugging the **** outa me. Hopefully though most mac users won't be on IE if they check out the page, but still, if you come across anything else i can try as well please let me know...
Grrr on microsoft!
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

IE for Mac has not been updated in well over a year and it won't be updated again. MS got a bit pissy when Apple came out with their own browser (Safari). True, there shouldn't be any reason for it to not work, but who knows? IE for Mac is and has always been crap if you ask me though.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
justinpfarrell

Quote:
IE for Mac has not been updated in well over a year and it won't be updated again. MS got a bit pissy when Apple came out with their own browser (Safari). True, there shouldn't be any reason for it to not work, but who knows? IE for Mac is and has always been crap if you ask me though.
Yes, I frequently have problems with IE mac. I am less and less concerned how my designs look in this archaic, out-dated, un-stable web browser.
QUOTE Thanks
crg23

crg23 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 12" PB G4

If mac users use IE, its just their fault.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« login as root | what's best for web design? »